Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Visa

Options
  • 11-01-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

If anyone could help me with this I would be most grateful.

I spent 1 year working in Australia but have returned home to Ireland now. Foolishly, as I now realise it is, I did not spend 3 months working on a farm to qualify me for the 2nd year visa. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a second year visa having not done the farmwork?

I am a recent graduate whose degree is on the critical skills list but I have little experience in my field.

Any help is most appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yer Skroooowed :(

No 3months work, no Visa.

however it does not essentially have to be farm work just remote location stuff, Did you work when you were here??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 yahowho

yeah i thought so... Sydney the whole time im afraid. I guess teaching english in korea just became number 1 on my list of things to do...

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

yahowho wrote: »
    yeah i thought so... Sydney the whole time im afraid. I guess teaching english in korea just became number 1 on my list of things to do...

Thanks anyway

I saw something advertised about that the other day, also China and other places etc.
    I wonder how successful they will be in getting people over there....or will it be completely oversubscribed...like every other job going.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 yahowho

From what Ive heard, its all above board and jobs aren't that difficult to come by. If you are interested check out this website. It seems to be the best.

www.tigerenglish.com

There are some excellent threads on this board about the subject aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭fontinalis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

LOL , Love these threads ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

yahowho wrote: »

Thanks anyway

Haha , lived in bondi , drunk in scuffies for the full year too , great place that bondi :rolleyes:

Advertisement