Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

academic journals not working(ucd connect)

Options
  • 11-01-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

writing my thesis at the moment but cant access a lot of the papers I have to view:mad:,

anybody else having this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I just tried JSTOR and then a journal through Connect and got into them OK. What way did you try and access them in Connect? Could it be just those particular resources? Maybe if you tried to open a few other databases or journals through Connect to see if it they will open, that way you could see how wide the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have had the same problem.

I had upgraded my IE to IE 8. A lot of the journals and articles are only accessible with IE 6 & 7. Could this be your problem?

I used firefox and was able to access them no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Dinkie wrote: »
    I have had the same problem.

I had upgraded my IE to IE 8. A lot of the journals and articles are only accessible with IE 6 & 7. Could this be your problem?

I used firefox and was able to access them no problem.

just to be thorough I tried 5 different browsers and it didnt work, emailed some lad and it works fine now

all good in the hood

Advertisement