Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hse competency interviews- advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 marber1978

In regards to the online interview...
    What are "clinical" questions specifically in regards to Swk?
    Is it relating theory to practice??
    Thanks
    Bit out of the loop here!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

marber1978 wrote: »
    In regards to the online interview...
    What are "clinical" questions specifically in regards to Swk?
    Is it relating theory to practice??
    Thanks
    Bit out of the loop here!

Clinical means based in practice so ya I would imagine it's about using the knowledge and skills you've accrued in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pinkycardfairy

I'm also wondering about the clinical questions. Did everyone that applied get the email today? It seems very vague. I have a driving test on the 22nd and am worried that my interview will be on the same day. I know they say you can pick when you do it but does that mean the time or will it be over a number of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SeanC320

I'm also wondering about the clinical questions. Did everyone that applied get the email today? It seems very vague. I have a driving test on the 22nd and am worried that my interview will be on the same day. I know they say you can pick when you do it but does that mean the time or will it be over a number of days?
    the automated practice interviews are on the 18th & 19th april, the actual automated interviews are on between 20th & 24th april in which you can do the interview anytime on those dates. best of luck with the process...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Anyone do the practice one yet? I just did it and felt it went a little fast, I did the practice questions at least 10 times which im glad of because I found I didn't notice when it went from one question to another so I really need to concentrate on the time, also for the actual questions I found them a bit vague but the 2 minutes at the end have me a chance to finish or clarify anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭*WKD*

Im doing my practice one later today also nervous.com :confused:

Any thoughts on the actual online interview?

I havent completed the real one yet - prob do it wednesday when I have studied up a lil more legislation etc and can arrange a quiet place without kids in earshot :) Def found the practice ones a lil vague, impossible to answer in 2 minutes!!!

*WKD* wrote: »
    I havent completed the real one yet - prob do it wednesday when I have studied up a lil more legislation etc and can arrange a quiet place without kids in earshot :) Def found the practice ones a lil vague, impossible to answer in 2 minutes!!!
    I know exactly what you mean, it's so hard to keep looking at the camera (not the screen) and also keep an eye on the time, I noticed in the practice one at one stage that I was still talking after the time finished and hadn't realised

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lady1984

I've heard that questions have been on following

*supervision
    *risk assessment
    *working with client with mental health or brain injury
    *role if sw with child in care
    *assessment of client with complex needs

Hope this helps!

Anyone else have any feedback on what they were asked in video interview?

• Advertisement

More q's for video interview

1. How you can support person with MH issues?
    2. The factors that you have to consider to assess a child...

Lady1984 wrote: »
    More q's for video interview

1. How you can support person with MH issues?
    2. The factors that you have to consider to assess a child...

Your God sent, but how does one acquire this Questiom knowledge ha?????? I'm fine for mental health but screwed around children/SW questions I've worked with adults since 2002!! Aarrgghhh

Your God sent, but how does one acquire this Questiom knowledge ha?????? I'm fine for mental health but screwed around children/SW questions I've worked with adults since 2002!! Aarrgghhh

I'm the opposite havnt a clue about mental health. If you have any tips for me as what to refer to.??

For child protection
    Look at Helen Buckleys framework for assessment , child care act 1991, role of social worker is in the fostering standards. Google all as they available online. Hope this helps!!

Anyone else have tips??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beddesklamp

how to support someone with mh difficulty
    "difficult to engage clients"

the extra two minutes was painful! only had one comment to make, so I just ended it early after an awkward moment where I tried to think of something to say!

So glad its done, now the long wait...

how to support someone with mh difficulty
    "difficult to engage clients"

the extra two minutes was painful! only had one comment to make, so I just ended it early after an awkward moment where I tried to think of something to say!

So glad its done, now the long wait...

Thanks for the feed back I've heard of others asked very similar questions!! I'm not too confident around mental health at all as I have limited experience working with adults!!

Well atleast you are done and fingers crossed for you!! ðŸ€

The whole camera thing is so awkward!!

Mental health --- Refer to the mental health act if possible that's the main legislation. google your trusted friend ha
    - continuous support, care plan with client identified goals, perhaps crisis plans.
    -appr psyc services
    - medication mgmt/mdt
    - involve/ educate fam If appropriate to encourage support etc
    - advocacy
    - risk assessment (any drug/alco) if dual diagnosis
    Right in work would like some elaboration on factors to consider when assessing a child??? Privacy/ protection/ family involvement?? Urgh no idea
    Thanks a mill guys
    > let's divide and conquer lololol

• Registered Users Posts: 24 k_t11

sat down to do the interview this evening but have decided to put off til tomorrow!!! all of a sudden feeling very unprepared!!! my practice interview was a disaster! definitely not enough in 2minutes!!! do you only get 2mins per question in the real thing!?!

Mental health --- Refer to the mental health act if possible that's the main legislation. google your trusted friend ha
    - continuous support, care plan with client identified goals, perhaps crisis plans.
    -appr psyc services
    - medication mgmt/mdt
    - involve/ educate fam If appropriate to encourage support etc
    - advocacy
    - risk assessment (any drug/alco) if dual diagnosis
    Right in work would like some elaboration on factors to consider when assessing a child??? Privacy/ protection/ family involvement?? Urgh no idea
    Thanks a mill guys
    > let's divide and conquer lololol

re: assessing a child google assessment triangle/my world triangle in images its to the point and is similar to Helen Buckleys framework... but in one page!

k_t11 wrote: »
    sat down to do the interview this evening but have decided to put off til tomorrow!!! all of a sudden feeling very unprepared!!! my practice interview was a disaster! definitely not enough in 2minutes!!! do you only get 2mins per question in the real thing!?!

I think it's 3 per question and 2 at the end but I wasn't really watching how long I had just how long I had left

I brought home the headset and mic home from work today as sound wasnt great at the practise. So now I am going to resemble a pilot for tomorrow :eek:
    LOLOLOL - Roll on this time tomo when it will all be over! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Nadia111

layviae wrote: »
    I think it's 3 per question and 2 at the end but I wasn't really watching how long I had just how long I had left

...did you have difficult questions? It is behind you now!

Nadia111 wrote: »
    ...did you have difficult questions? It is behind you now!

It actually went so fast that by the time I finished I couldn't remember them, I know I got 2 child protection and one mental health but honestly not sure what way they were phrased

Oh dear lordy!! Well Im done. The first two were pretty tough one on supervision and one on child protection and risks to the child that you would need to be aware of!! But i was flabbergasted by the 3rd!!!!!
    Number 3.You have a client with dimentia, her family have said money has gone missing from her bank account how do you deal with this??????? aarrghhhh I think by the last 20 seconds i was calling the guards just in case!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

I just did mine.... Question on child care legislation, guidance and policies ... Completely blanked on that forget to mention children's first!!! Oh ****!! Then questions on reluctant clients and parents with mental health issues which were ok!! Glad it's over but can't believe how much I ****ed up on legiation!!

There's nothing worse than that complete surge of panic, opening your mouth and finding your mind blank at the start of the question!! At least for this you can glance at the millions of notes and papers around whereas you can't in a face to face interview. Good luck to anyone else left to go in the next couple of hours :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 princessruby

Hi all, unfort I came across this thread after the online interview it would have been very helpful. As you probably know the results were released today, thankfully I'm in band a so the next step is face to face interviews. Hopeing we can help each other out as I'm terrified already! Have so much to cover over the next 4 weeks

Hi all, unfort I came across this thread after the online interview it would have been very helpful. As you probably know the results were released today, thankfully I'm in band a so the next step is face to face interviews. Hopeing we can help each other out as I'm terrified already! Have so much to cover over the next 4 weeks

Good idea to help each other out! I got in band A too!! Thank god! Havnt a clue where to start preparing! Hopefully they'll give us some guidance with letter on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

Did anyone do face to face interview yet!! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sirbraxton

Hi, just found this thread, unfourtunatly i totaly messed up web interview but made panel b. I have interview on mon...any advise very welcome...i realy need this, graduated last year and am on the verge of needing a social worker myself.

• Advertisement

sirbraxton wrote: »
    Hi, just found this thread, unfourtunatly i totaly messed up web interview but made panel b. I have interview on mon...any advise very welcome...i realy need this, graduated last year and am on the verge of needing a social worker myself.

Hey check out social work panel 2013 forum on this loads of advice being shared! I also messed up on web interview :( ridiculous approach to interviewing if you ask me!! Im in band c :( keeping my fingers crossed b will move as fast as a!!

Advertisement