Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child care benefit problem

• 11-01-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi, before to open this thread,I've called the child care benefit section with no answer.Always busy operators.
    Last week I didn't received the child care benefit, which is now of 150.00€ every month. I would like to know if there is any change on the date for collection (which in 2009 was every first Tuesday of the month).

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No there was no change in collection. First Tuesday of every month. I received mine as normal last week.

Might be a bit unfounded but they are sometimes doing checks on families to make sure they are still in the country? Have you moved house recently and maybe not received a letter from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭spupazza

Hi Adrieanne:). No, I didn't change my address, but I asked last month to the post office to do the ChilCare Plus. Do you know it? It's the Child Care benefit transferred in an account, which is some kind of deposit. But the post office didn't complete the application and they asked me to contact the DSFA, child benefit section. But they never answer to the phone.
    I've sent an email, I hope they'll answer me tomorrow.

Thanks anyway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Are you talking about Child Benefit or the Early Childhood Supplement?

The Early Childhood Supplement ended and the last payment was in the second week of December 09.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭spupazza

I'm talking about child benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jbas123

Hi,
    I'm a new mom who is going back to work after my maternity leave. I was wondering if anybody can tell me if i am entitled to any relief or benefits towards chid care fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

jbas123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm a new mom who is going back to work after my maternity leave. I was wondering if anybody can tell me if i am entitled to any relief or benefits towards chid care fees.

There is no releif if your married and are both working full time however you could be entitled to a discount if you have:

• A GP Visit Card/Medical Card
    • Reciept of Social Welfare or illness benenfit e.t.c.
    You can apply for a GP Vist Card/Medical Card and this way you might
    get supplemented childcare fees due to having the GP visit/Medical Card.

The GP Visit Card/Medical application is based on income and a set threshold for Mortgage/Rent and Motor Expenses/Hardships of any kind e.t.c. you can get the application off the net ordo online I think now.

It would also need to be a community child care facility as well I think, but dont quote me on that, you would need to look into it more.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jbas123

Hi,
    Thanks a million for your reply, I'm not marries but we are both working. Dont have a GP or medical card, so i take it i'm not entitled to anything. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

jbas123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks a million for your reply, I'm not marries but we are both working. Dont have a GP or medical card, so i take it i'm not entitled to anything. :(

Unforttunately the state no longer recognises those that work and pay taxes, only to get more taxes out of them. :)

Other options would be to get a child minder but leaving your first baby with a stranger you dont know is the hardest thing even with a creche its hard enough.

You might be entitled to a GP Visit Card but is purely dependant on both of your salaries, might be worth looking into to see if you are eligible, if you are not living together then you could apply on your own as a single mother.

I didnt think we would get one as I am working full time and my wife works part time however were were just under the threshold for the GP visit card.

Worth trying, if you dont apply you will never know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement