Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband staplestown area

Options
  • 11-01-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

There's not a lot going on in this neck of the woods incl so called broadband. I have 1 Mb from eircom. Apart from being expensive, it's too slow for my needs.

Anyone know of a broadband provider covering this area? I've tried ripple and they can only get -79db at the very best.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

eircom or bt are gonna be your best bet for that neck of the woods i would think, or maybe perlico. your goin to pay more or less for packages from all three tho and will prob have to upgrade to 3mb if you want more speed. test your speed at speedtest.net to see what you are getting at the mo.

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Thanks for your reply. I think perlico and bt etc would be using the same infrastructure. eircom tell me that I can only get 1mb at best because 6k from exchange. Was hoping for some over the air solution apart from expensive sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭boccy23

In Cooleragh and have 6MB from a 7MB line.

Are you direct connect to the modem or are you wireless?

Hi Boccy,

Some devices are wired and others wireless. I don't think that I have much degradation over wireless. Problem is that eircom tell me I can only have 1mb on their line. So, I'm looking for other providers.

Looking at the map, you're probably not on the same exchange as me. I'm closer to staplestown. I think there's one at Donadea.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

yea they would be for now. bt are starting to run out there own and hoping to have it up and running in most areas later this year, and will be offering a lot higher speeds than what eircom are.
    lets hope they live up to it!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers 32finn. Thanks for the info. I'll research. A few more megs would be nice.

Advertisement