Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a money belt in Galway?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I've left this to the last minute. The UK argos site has one but they don't stock them in Galway according to a friend who checked for me.

Anyone know where I can pick one up? I think the airports would have them too but I'd prefer to have one leaving.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from travel. You should hopefully get a faster and more accurate response here.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Thanks mikedrago32!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Try the Great Outdoors or Boots may have some travel accessories, also I think the Chemist beside Marks & Spencers has a travel accessory "rack" that may have money belts on it.

Thanks Majiktripp - I'd never have thought of those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Not sure if they still have them, but try the 2euro shop in Mainguard St, they had some that weren't exactly belts, but a thing you could wear under a shirt, around your neck, on a loop. May suit you.

• Advertisement

Nice one bonzodog2. I have infantry going in to town for me tomorrow so I'll let them know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Tesco have them as well, or as others mention the 2Euro shop

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Millets beside Tesco definatly has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

It has been a while since I was last in Galway but I seem to remember there was a "The Bag Shop" in town. They sell money belts. Airports sell them as well but of course it is more reassuring to have it sorted beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I wouldn't recommend the ones from Euro2, myself. Not for something that will need to survive constant wear for a few weeks/months at a time (depending on where you're doing of course).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

If you cant find one, i have a brand new one (in dark blue denim) left over
    i used to run a stall in camden, this one is still in its packaging and your more than welcome too it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

the bag shop defo has them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JustMary wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend the ones from Euro2, myself. Not for something that will need to survive constant wear for a few weeks/months at a time (depending on where you're doing of course).

Very true! They won't last at all.

Upstairs in Anthony Ryan homeware has them too sometimes.

I started this thread thinking maybe they couldn't be had, and now it looks like I could open a dealership! Thanks so much undo, JustMary, shakencat, inisboffin.

ukgalwaymcguire, thanks also for your generous offer. If my scout doesn't come through for me tomorrow I'll take you up on that! (I'll pm you). I've been recovering from a chest infection so I have someone looking on my behalf :)

I'll be going around India for a few weeks, leaving on Wednesday.

Thanks again everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Any of the bag shops or outdoor shops have them, as well as some chemists.

Advertisement