Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear of birds? Anyone else?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I only know of one other person who has this fear! I know it's irrationale but I freak out so much if there's a bird anywhere near me which makes life fairly difficult! Even the tiniest bird will bring on a panic attack! The worst was when I was in the zoo & the peilcans and other huge birds all flocked around the penguin pond at feeding time & I was stuck at the front of the crowd & couldn't get out. My fiancee said he knew I had a fear but realised that day how bad it was! I was hyper ventilating & thought I would pass out!
    I have no idea what has brought this fear on but it started about 8 or 9 years ago when I was at college with a girl who had a fear of pidgeons so maybe I became more aware of birds I really don't know.I
    I don't have kids yet but I worry that I will pass this fear on to them as I would def never feed the birds!!
    anybody else have this fear or any advice, it's really taken over my life! I feel like I'm goin insane sometimes as I know how silly it sounds but I can assure you I am very sane!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pixiegaga

my friend has a slight pheoba of crows....
    she lives in the counrtyside so i guess not many crows there but i live in town...lots and lots of crows!!!
    and she freaks out whenever there is on pecking on the floor near her or even flies overhead or sometimes when she hears one.....i wouldnt go as fas as saying she actually has panic attacks but she gets kinda freaked and walks faster away from the crow...:P
    some people think its funny but its not when your scared of something so much you get panic attacks and you cant control it...not with birds but i know ho wit feels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ms.Maples

I used to have a major fear of them until a few years ago. Whenever, i was younger and brought to newbridge farm etc, i used to freak out and would grab on to my mam in fear of going about 20 metres near a chicken/hen/ anything that looked like that. Still, can't go near them, but remain much calmer. Had a few accidents on my bike as well when younger, whenever i would see a bird, i stopped and went flying over the handlebars lol. Now, i think it's the pigeons that really get me, and they are fearless as well, which makes it worse. I don't do well in Trafalgar Square in London at all!!

Advertisement