Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC V Segnet systems??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you not going to answer my questions then just drop it.
    ID sensors are rarely used know & you should know that.
    I certinly would no longer use them in a domestic application would you?
    There is definitly no application I could think of for putting 40 into a domestic system like you suggested while comparing to SigNet 100.

Lets debate this sensibly & logically & lets not get trivial.
    The OP asked for the pros & cons of SigNet vs HKC
    I could not find one benefit to HKC,
    So far the only "feature" HKC has over SigNet is Point ID, pointed out by yourself. So wouldn't if be logical then to say that . If price is not an issue as they are comparable on price, if there is no other feature that HKC has over SigNet, then the only reason to choose HKC is if the application requires Point ID sensors.??
    Why else would you want a lower spec system??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

koolkid wrote: »
    If you not going to answer my questions then just drop it.
    ID sensors are rarely used know & you should know that.
    I certinly would no longer use them in a domestic application would you?
    There is definitly no application I could think of for putting 40 into a domestic system like you suggested while comparing to SigNet 100.

Lets debate this sensibly & logically & lets not get trivial.
    The OP asked for the pros & cons of SigNet vs HKC
    I could not find one benefit to HKC,
    So far the only "feature" HKC has over SigNet is Point ID, pointed out by yourself. So wouldn't if be logical then to say that . If price is not an issue as they are comparable on price, if there is no other feature that HKC has over SigNet, then the only reason to choose HKC is if the application requires Point ID sensors.??
    Why else would you want a lower spec system??

I am entitled to my opinion just like you are. You asked me to name one feature the HKC has that the signet does not and i did, just because that does not suit you you say it is trivial. I also pointed out that i install whatever suits a customers house, not just HKC as you would of thought i said by the way your going on here. So if anyone here should drop it i think you should..

ENJOY THE REST OF THIS TREAD AS I WONT BE POSTING IN IT AGAIN..

ALTOR

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ofcourse everyone is entitled to their opinion thats what boards is all about. However good debate involves questions and answers. Answering one question and refusing to answer others just loses you the argument and shows your unwillingness to accept change. A good indication as to why you are so hung up on HKC.
    Anyway for the benefit of the OP I would love for someone to post some honest,convincing argument for HKC. But I dont think there is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dandoyle

hi. i got a quote for a hkc and segnet alarm for a new build.
    the hkc alarm worked out cheaper. now my questions is as follows.
    if my alarm is a hkc alarm and my next door neighbours house is a segnet alarm, is there any difference if someone trys to break in ?

One the quote you got you should shop around. SigNet should come in at the Same price as HKC. Was it a SigNet 100 you priced.
    Is there any difference between the 2 if someone breaks in??
    Yes there is. SigNet can be comissioned to do a lot mor in the event of an activation.

• Advertisement

thanks for reply. if i have sensors on my windows and doors and two pir detectors on both alarms types. same spec for both, how will they compare ?

They will both protect you home & bell will ring if its activated.
    After that its the features that seperate them.
    Once again HKC is using technology that is over 10 years old.
    A ten year old mobile & one you buy today will both make phone calls & send text messages, but if they are the same price which one would you want?

thanks koolki. thats all i wanted to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

After that its the features that seperate them.
    Once again HKC is using technology that is over 10 years old.
    A ten year old mobile & one you buy today will both make phone calls & send text messages, but if they are the same price which one would you want?

If i only wanted to make phone calls & send text messages, the older one assuming its still supported.
    Less chance of problems, less extra complexity to go wrong. 10 years for the manufacture to sort out design problems etc.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    If i only wanted to make phone calls & send text messages, the older one assuming its still supported.
    Less chance of problems, less extra complexity to go wrong. 10 years for the manufacture to sort out design problems etc.

????????? A strange outlook. One that is not supported by the years of work HKC put into thier ID sensors. Still rife with problems.
    Is any other 10 year old technology more reliable?
    Maybe we should go back to fitting Vista 5s:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

????????? A strange outlook. One that is not supported by the years of work HKC put into thier ID sensors. Still rife with problems.
    Is any other 10 year old technology more reliable?
    Maybe we should go back to fitting Vista 5s:rolleyes:

Do you use their id sensors much? how do you know their rife with problems?

No Vista 5 are not supported any more no new updates or revisions and not up to standard. Funnily enough there is still a good few of them hanging in though.

From a manufacturing product development cycle, a mature product will have less problems than a new one.
    Im not sure if the latest revision of HKCs panel is 10 years old anyway. As demand increases for other features like wireless for example they will be added and new updated revisions will be released.

If they put everything in a new box, made a new keypad and gave the panel a new name would it still be 10 year old tech?

I have used ID sensors and I take them out regularly because of issues.
    The panels are old technology. If you got a Nokia 5110 and upgraded to the latest softwate would it be as good as newer models available?

altor wrote: »
    The 200 and the 300 has, not the 100.
    Signet 100s comes with wireless..

I have used ID sensors and I take them out regularly because of issues.
    The panels are old technology. If you got a Nokia 5110 and upgraded to the latest softwate would it be as good as newer models available?
    No, but if i put the latest hkc chip/software into a 10 year old hkc panel it wouldn't work either.

Not correct...
    Providing the panel model is the same (ie 8/12 or 16/120) then the software version can be upgraded)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The oldest panels cannot be flashed with the newest version unless it has been previously flashed before with an interim software version.It might look on the surface as it's the old panel running the new software but it has to have been upgraded before to make this possible.

Advertisement