Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotted Dick / Currant Cake

Options
  • 11-01-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

My boyfriend loves this and his mum used to make it, she gave me the recipe - well kinda - hand full of this and that!!!

Found one on the cake / pie forum but it calls for butter and milk and I just bought buttermilk!! Its a half a cup of each, can I just replace the butter and milk with butter milk or does anyone have a recipe?!?!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

butter and milk are not the same as butter milk.

traditional buttermilk is the liquid that comes off butter when it's made from cream. nowadays the buttermilk you get in the shops is cultured milk, kinda like thin youghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Tree wrote: »
    butter and milk are not the same as butter milk.

traditional buttermilk is the liquid that comes off butter when it's made from cream. nowadays the buttermilk you get in the shops is cultured milk, kinda like thin youghurt.

Tree I am surprised you didnt tut tut me ;)

I made up my own recipe - I changed the butter to marg and changed the milk to butter milk and boyfriend gave it 10 out of 10 - beat his mothers recipe :):)

Advertisement