Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford Bluegrass??

Options
  • 11-01-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Im just wondering if there are any bluegrass sessions in or near Longford on a weekly basis.

The town has such a great bluegrass festival in Sept it would be a pity if there was nothing on for the rest of the year.

Im in the Athlone area but would be more than willing to travel.:)

I would be greatful for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

No real music scene of any sort, apart from the usual pub acts, to be honest.

You could try contacting the festival organisers... they may know of a midweek session somewhere that I'm not aware of: http://www.johnnykeenan.com/contact.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Hi martin,
    there will be a bluegrass band playing in the Tally-Ho pub on New st in the next few weeks. I was talkin to John Duignan who owns the Tally last weekend. I'll be in there on Friday night and I'll have a look at the posters with upcoming bands or head in some night (preferrably Tuesdays when there is usually a few boys jammin' down in the corner) and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

OK thanks for that info will head over some night soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Aran

If you want to find out what's going on in Bluegrass then this should be your first stop.

http://www.bluegrassireland.blogspot.com/

Check out the calender section and at the top is regular sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 salvatore_usa

Sharon Shannon and her Big Band

Meteor Award Winner
    BEST TRADITIONAL/FOLK 2010

The Rustic Inn
    Abbeyshrule,
    County Longford.

Saturday March 13th 2010.

Tickets €30 (incl booking fee) available from the Music Centre (Longford) and on-line from www.tickets.ie

Doors: 9pm / Strictly Over 18's.

For event information go to www.myspace.com/pope_productions

• Advertisement
Advertisement