Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby's safety about car seat

Options
  • 11-01-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

what age does a baby or child need car seat until by law? thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It doesn't go by age, it goes by weight and height.

Here's the link to the official legislation on it.

Click here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭straricco

it goes by their height/weight. When my daughter was about 4 ish I brought her in to Kealys to get booster (mainly cos carseat was so bulky in car and took up alot of room) but they said she was too small for booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

thank you very much
    It doesn't go by age, it goes by weight and height.

Here's the link to the official legislation on it.

Click here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

thank you very much
    straricco wrote: »
    it goes by their height/weight. When my daughter was about 4 ish I brought her in to Kealys to get booster (mainly cos carseat was so bulky in car and took up alot of room) but they said she was too small for booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

children aged 3 years and over who are under 150 centimetres and weighing less than 36 kilograms – generally children up to 12 years - must use an appropriate child restraint when travelling in cars or goods vehicles fitted with safety belts,

I'm probably just having a stupid moment, but say if the child is 151cm and 35kilos do they have to have a child restraint?

• Advertisement
Advertisement