Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teething or Genuinely sick ?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi . . .

My son is 10 months old . . Ive read alot of conflicting opinions on the symptoms of teething . .

In the past, when he has gotten a new tooth , he does tend to get diarriah and sometimes got sick . . He has it again and I will be taking him to the Dr tomorrow. . Its only in the last day that he appears a bit off!

However, just wondering if anybody knows if its just a coincidence (teething and diarrhea) at the same time as teething? I was told today that I have the Winter Vomiting Bug (funny because I have barely left the house in a week!). I am beginning to think that my son got it in the Creche and has passed it onto me!

Any advice would be appreciated .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Has he got a temperature to match the vomitting and diarohea? I'd be inclined to think it may not be teething if you are sick also. Keep an eye on him, is he eating and drinking normally? Maybe get in some Dioralyte incase he gets dehydrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Has he got a temperature to match the vomitting and diarohea? I'd be inclined to think it may not be teething if you are sick also. Keep an eye on him, is he eating and drinking normally? Maybe get in some Dioralyte incase he gets dehydrated.

He hasn't got a high temperature . .

The reason we were thinking it was teething is because a 2nd tooth came up in the last few days!

However he has been throwing up alot of his food and isnt eating or drinking well . .

He has been lethargic last 2 days . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd probably take him to the doctor then!

Luckily my daughter isn't a bad teether (we've gotten three teeth in the last 5 days without a fuss from her). Going into day three in an illness is usually when you'd take them to the doctor, as it's usually something if it's not gone by the third day. Could be just a bug but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I'd probably take him to the doctor then!

Luckily my daughter isn't a bad teether (we've gotten three teeth in the last 5 days without a fuss from her). Going into day three in an illness is usually when you'd take them to the doctor, as it's usually something if it's not gone by the third day. Could be just a bug but better safe than sorry.

Thanks very much for the advice adrieanne . . I will bring him first thing in the morning ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hey, we can't really give you any medical advice on this forum. As you know yourself without actually being able to see and hold the child it's extremely difficult to tell whether they need to see a GP!

Take him or her to the doctor if you're worried. No. 1 rule of parenting!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement