Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2010

Options
  • 11-01-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Any places to get this cheap? Internet (preferably Laser accepted) or high street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Quality. Is that €2 delivery or €5 delivery? The delivery rates make no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Spotted it in Game in Athlone before Xmas for €24.99, not bad for bricks & mortar.;)

That offer is over. Think I'll go with Game though, for the sake of a few quid it's handier than getting off the internet.

Scratch that, gone up to €44.99 in Game.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I got in xtravision for 29.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just a note on this, don't be tempted to buy cheap keys for FM2010 online as there is no point. There are only two ways the game is distributed and each has it's own protection system (of sorts).

1. Steam (no protection other than that which requires the Steam account itself which the game was purchased on and no disc).

2. Retail copy (of which the copy protection requires the disc is in the drive at all times).

There is no other protection methods used and the first requires a purchase from Steam, the second requires the original CD's so there is no point buying cheap keys online as it's pointless and a waste of your money.

I found this out the hard way myself btw, purchased a cheap key thinking I'd get one up over Steam but the key is not compatible with Steam and I ended up downloading the ISO image anyway, thinking I'd apply the key to the game then, but the game never asks for a key if using the disc so... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Anyone got anywhere else, or is Xtravision for 30 euro the best around?

I'm finished exams tomorrow and I'm gonna go get this as a little reward... wan't something tangible to hold tomorrow (besides a pint) so I'm gonna actually buy a game from a retailed for the first time in as long as I can remember. Shouldn't be that much more expensive than online, right?

So yeah, anyone spot any deals? 30 euro seems pretty reasonable to be honest, but just in case there's better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

GameStop also have it for 35

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

Play.com have it for €23.49 delivered. Clicky.

• Advertisement

HMV is €23.99 according to my mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Yea I seen it for 22.99 in hmv today, thats a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Just a note on this, don't be tempted to buy cheap keys for FM2010 online as there is no point. There are only two ways the game is distributed and each has it's own protection system (of sorts).

1. Steam (no protection other than that which requires the Steam account itself which the game was purchased on and no disc).

2. Retail copy (of which the copy protection requires the disc is in the drive at all times).

There is no other protection methods used and the first requires a purchase from Steam, the second requires the original CD's so there is no point buying cheap keys online as it's pointless and a waste of your money.

I found this out the hard way myself btw, purchased a cheap key thinking I'd get one up over Steam but the key is not compatible with Steam and I ended up downloading the ISO image anyway, thinking I'd apply the key to the game then, but the game never asks for a key if using the disc so... :/

You should be able to mount the ISO image in such a way that the computer thinks that their is a disk in the drive. Think Power ISO is the tool that lets you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭tinofapples

m.j.w wrote: »
    Yea I seen it for 22.99 in hmv today, thats a good price!

Yip, saw it there today. I resisted the temptation, not sure I can "waste" the hours i no doubt will if I do purchase it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

cronos wrote: »
    You should be able to mount the ISO image in such a way that the computer thinks that their is a disk in the drive. Think Power ISO is the tool that lets you do that.

That's what I do :)

What I was trying to say really, though I waffled a bit :p was that the only key you should buy for the game if buying online, is a key that works for the game in Steam as there's no need to use a key for the disc based version.

Advertisement