Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherry Fitzgerald Recession special: €200 holding deposit

Options
  • 11-01-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Sherry Fitzgerald have this sentence on all their lettings on daft:

***RECESSION SPECIAL!!: ONLY €200 HOLDING DEPOSIT TO SECURE A PROPERTY WITH SHERRY FITZGERALD LETTINGS

I think this means a deposit on their apartments to let is only 200 euros, and not the usual 1 months rent. Do you interpret the sentence in the same way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

fguihen wrote: »
    I think this means a deposit on their apartments to let is only 200 euros, and not the usual 1 months rent. Do you interpret the sentence in the same way?
    Note sure about this agent. But for many agents the "holding deposit" is not the same as a "security deposit". The former is just to reserve the apartment and would probably be deduced from the first month's rent or the full security deposit. Obviously, if the worst came to the worst and you damaged the apartment or its contents, €200 is not going to go very far. See here or here for examples of agents that explicitly explains the difference.

Again I'm not sure what the case is with this agent, so you'll need to call them. But I can see how the adverts (and they're all over Daft) might seem a little unclear. It's not as if you're getting some great bargain here.

Also beware some Dublin agents (not this particular one, but I've come across 2 others) who take a holding deposit, and will refuse to refund it if your references aren't to their satisfaction.

Advertisement