Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get java moss?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi i have been looking for jave moss in my local petshop and have not been able to get any does anybody know where i could get some?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

what do you need it for? spiders/humidity/eggs..???
    several options about if ye fill us in, humidity/nesting/or just substrate!
    try the compressed moss from local petshop or garden centre,
    just add water! p.m. me for a good place to get some.
    don't wan't to do free adds here thingy :(
    irish moss is protected as far as i know!
    live moss will require a "live moss" environment to stay healthy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Java moss is Taxiphyllum barbieri. You can get it from any pet or aquatic shop that sells Tropica brand aquatic plants.

www.tropica.com

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

You'll get it on ebay handy too

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

what do you need it for? spiders/humidity/eggs..???
    several options about if ye fill us in, humidity/nesting/or just substrate!
    try the compressed moss from local petshop or garden centre,
    just add water! p.m. me for a good place to get some.
    don't wan't to do free adds here thingy :(
    irish moss is protected as far as i know!
    live moss will require a "live moss" environment to stay healthy! :)
    I thought it would add a lot to the aquarium and would be a good mat for the tank i also would like to use it for breeding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

i just got some java narrow leaf fern off ebay, goaqua was the seller. they have what your looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭j14

These guys can get it for you if they don't have it in stock already. I see it there every week.

They are Beside the Red Cow hotel on the N7.

Seahorse Aquariums
    Turnpike Road,
    Ballymount,
    Dublin 22
    Ph (01) 4595650
    sales@seahorseaquariums.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Pretty much what J14 and others have already said. Then again it depends on where you are based ??

There are a few fantastic aquatic shops around Dublin that have great plant sections.
    Seahorse (mentioned above) is great.
    Petstop in Blanchardstown is another fantastic one.
    Aquarium Solutions in Ashbourne also stock a good tropica selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Perhaps there's a secret room im missing somewhere, but the last few times i've been in Petstop i've never ever seen more than 1 or 2 plants. I'd say they're terrible tbh.

http://www.fintasticaquatics.ie/ in Dun Laoghaire on the other hand is the business. I travel there from D15 for all my fish stuffs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

go up the stairs go back to the back wall and its on the left. They have a tank full of plants.

Another good place is on Patrick Street in Dun Laoghiare. Cant think of its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Yeah, I know the tank you're talking about, however every time i've been, its been empty, cept for a large pleco. They also seem to have numerous dead fish scattered around the tanks too.

The place you're refering to is Fintastic, the place I linked to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Shzm wrote: »
    Yeah, I know the tank you're talking about, however every time i've been, its been empty, cept for a large pleco. They also seem to have numerous dead fish scattered around the tanks too.

The place you're refering to is Fintastic, the place I linked to.

For some reason I read that as something totally different!

I havent bought anything from pet superstore. The last time i was in there they had a lot of plants.

I prefer Dimitri and the lads. They know their stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

Woodyman
    if u still need java moss pm me. ( I'm in Dublin)

Advertisement