Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Connection with Xbox

• 11-01-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

For the last couple of weeks, my eircom connection has been poor. I especially notice it when using my xbox. The xbox is wirelessly connected to the router as is my laptop. So last week I did a few speedtests and pingtest which showed I was getting 0.5mb and losing some packets. So I ring eircom last Wednesday and we went through the whole procedure he must go through and he said to me that there is something wrong alright as its slower than it should be and losing packets.
    So over the past week I have been testing my speed/ping and everything now appears to be fine but not with my Xbox. The engineer called today and said everything was fine....we do have our line kinda split and the router is connected from the split one. (But it never affected it before so why now??). I was out when he called so dont know what he did exactly. He just had a look at connections but didnt change anything. So I tried my xbox again now and still its jittery....every 10 seconds it stalls and when it returns I'm dead (in MW2). I'm sure I'm gonna get a bill from Eircom now :(
    But nothing has changed with my set up of everything and why did your man say there was something wrong and now the engineer says there isnt? :mad: Any thoughts?

Just to add, I just connected my xbox via cable and its still jittery :(

679282382.png

7606813.png

7608085.png

7612079.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Reganovski wrote: »
    For the last couple of weeks, my eircom connection has been poor. I especially notice it when using my xbox. The xbox is wirelessly connected to the router as is my laptop. So last week I did a few speedtests and pingtest which showed I was getting 0.5mb and losing some packets. So I ring eircom last Wednesday and we went through the whole procedure he must go through and he said to me that there is something wrong alright as its slower than it should be and losing packets.
    So over the past week I have been testing my speed/ping and everything now appears to be fine but not with my Xbox. The engineer called today and said everything was fine....we do have our line kinda split and the router is connected from the split one. (But it never affected it before so why now??). I was out when he called so dont know what he did exactly. He just had a look at connections but didnt change anything. So I tried my xbox again now and still its jittery....every 10 seconds it stalls and when it returns I'm dead (in MW2). I'm sure I'm gonna get a bill from Eircom now :(
    But nothing has changed with my set up of everything and why did your man say there was something wrong and now the engineer says there isnt? :mad: Any thoughts?

Just to add, I just connected my xbox via cable and its still jittery :(

679282382.png

7606813.png

7608085.png

7612079.png
    turn your firewall on your modem to low or off then use pppoe setting on xbox user name eircom and password broadband1 see if that help with xbox live let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Maskedgameguru

Hello m8 i think it's a galway problem i am getting the same thing and I lived in galway.Tho for me it only happens after 8.00pm at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

The engineer rang me this morning to check to see if what he did fix it. It hadn't last night so he said I'll try and do something here in the exchange. Played xbox this evening with no problems :)
    I've no idea what he did though.

Advertisement