Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your views on the new rules for Season 8?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

So... some major major changes goin' on, what do ye think about it?

The rule changes relating to team sizes and injuries adds even more depth to the game, so I guess that'll be grand but...

The major one I'm unsure about is...
    LTNT effectiveness currently recovers only by playing matches. This is clearly quite unrealistic. More

LTNT effectiveness will from season 8 onwards, recover 1% each day at about midnight.
    The old system was quite good... does this mean that normal will become the new LTNT as Energised is becoming the new Perfect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Really, the developers have been pushing for the managers to use 'normal' intensity the majority of the time since the beginning of season 7. This is another example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I think the changes will be fine, i rarely use LTNT unless I am playing top of the table or playoffs to be sure to be sure. last season the only time i tnt'd was the playoffs. this season a little more (have to with promotion to div III)

I think it will take half a season or so to get used to the change in energy levels etc but then it will be ok.

I like the squad sizes being adjusted for the injuries counting as squad members as at times I have being unable to sell YA pulls due to having several injuries (both 1st choice props crocked, one til after the playoffs!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

All seems good IMO. Ltnt change will recharge every three weeks or so, which seems about right. It is certainly more realistic, and it would reduce the penalty on managers who don't have friendlies every week.

As to the injuries changes, anything which gives more control to the managers is good news. The idea of being able to wrap key players in cotton wool adds an interesting element.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

So there is no real advantage to WNWIM but in game training anymore? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ajeffares wrote: »
    So there is no real advantage to WNWIM but in game training anymore? :(

well I presume WNWIM will also use less energy, requiring less resting of players with the new energy changes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

It's going to destroy my league survival technique of LTNT one week, WNWIM the next, LTNT the next etc, but it is more realistic.

As a side with a lot of average players on the team (and not many **** ones) I'm looking forward to seeing how the bigger teams react to the energy levels issue, I'm hoping holes will appear when certain teams have to fall back on their reserves.

Advertisement