Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas fire/Boiler

• 11-01-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Have a gas fire in our sitting room, with the boiler & gas central heating/back boiler behind it.
    Have noticed on a couple of days over the last few months that the heating is cutting out and the little red light on the side of the bottom right of the fire is coming on (normally shows green when heating is on).
    Now that I think about it I'm thinking that it only seems to happen when we have both the fire and heating on at the same time.

Hoping to get a call in for an engineer tomororw just in case, but does anyone know if it could be the fire/heating combination causing it to 'red light'? A friend was telling me in her rented apartment the landlord told her not to use the fire and heating at the same time and wondering if that could be the cause of our problem?

Advertisement