Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord Reference

Options
  • 11-01-2010 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Do landlord references get checked and if so how? phonecall, some sort of database?

Would it be risky falsifying one totally....never lived at address and a friend who will do me a favour will play stump.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,360 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It doesn't sound like a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 penelope6

it's either that or be homeless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭3DataModem

penelope6 wrote: »
    Do landlord references get checked and if so how? phonecall, some sort of database?

Yes, a good agent should check them with a phonecall at least.

Falsifying one is not advised. If you really have a problem getting one talk to the agent / landlord and see what they suggest.

PS I'm moving to the Isle of Man and will be renting over there - I was asked for a landlord reference but couldn't give one as I've owned in Ireland for years. They agreed that an employer + bank reference was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 penelope6

I've already backed myself into a corner already,given address and have confirmed will have all relevant documentation..bar a phone call is there any other way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've never been asked for any kind of reference on moving into any rented accomodation, guess I just have an honest face. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

robinph wrote: »
    I've never been asked for any kind of reference on moving into any rented accomodation, guess I just have an honest face. :confused:

Depends where you are renting, how many places, how much it costs, how desperate the landlord is.

To the OP.

Not a great idea. Better to have been upfront in the first place.

Advertisement