Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone broadband down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Earth Traveller

It's very slow in Blackrock, County Dublin too. I am getting a download speed of 0.63 Mb/s and am paying for 8 Mb/s! Eventually got through to Vodafone mobile desk and they are blaming the weather conditions. If that is the case, how come other providers don't seem to have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 medelina

back up in limerick. my complaining here obviously did the trick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Back up and running in clondalkin. But overall not happy with vodafone will give them one or two more weeks to sort it out and if not im gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

it looked more like DNS problems and to have them blame the weather is not very good at this stage it sounds like they are getting ready to prevent people asking to be compensated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Guess I was one of the lucky ones, mine did not go. Living in Ashbourne. Brother in laws did and he lives here too. Just checked my speeds and im down to 0.7mb on a 7mb connection. Come back BT :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Vodafone broadband down all evening, back online now in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep Rathdrum, WIicklow get knocked off the bb at around 8 ish too. came back about an hr larter.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Getting a bit sick of Vodafone now, first 3 months after I got speed was fine at any time ..now once it hit 6pm this about the average of it 679509742.png

gaming??? forget it, might aswell have stayed with Ripwave ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Glad it wasn't just me then at least.

I'm another BT customer who's been transferred, but so far the speed seems ok.. I do have to reset the modem (3Com officeconnect router that's been fine with BT for years) a lot though since I was moved (a week early I might add).
    Is this a common problem?

Oh semi-related.. would I be better off changing the DNS entries to Google's servers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Gee, I spent ages on this yesterday evening thinking it was something I had done!

My Vodafone router gave no errors, but gave no IP address

I swapped to my Eircom Netopia router and that, sensibly, gave me a red light for the internet (with correct connection details!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rayobrien08

Vodafone have an issue sine yesterday evening engineers are on site working to resolve but no timeframe is available seems to be autentation (un and Pw failing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭knm

Down in Castlebar, Mayo since about 8 Monday night. Now after lunch Tuesday - still down. Got through to Customer Support - they said it was Authentication problem - 24/48 hours - maybe longer. They l blame Eircom.

gone again in carlow for a while this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

My Vodafone broadband has been complete sh1te or non-existent for the past 12 days, and it would be great if I knew who to blame. Vodafone tells me that there's a fault on the line screwing with the dsl, and the local 068 exchange tells me that there's nothing wrong. The line-check has been done four times now, all with the same result.

I get the impression that the Eircom bunch are being a bit obstructive (I can think of a better word).

Couldn't post this straight away, as the feckin thing was down while I was in the middle of it:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

I got a mate to check it for me in eircom and no problem their end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Was up this morning before I went to work, but speeds were attrocious! Got a D rating on the pingtest.net on a Galway server, and speedtest.net was showing about 2 meg d/l, with a ping of 64, and a .34 upload. This is the 7 meg line.

With BT up until a few weeks ago, and got a contant almost 7, pings of 30 odd, no jitter, and very little packet loss, if any!

Not impressed. Not impressed at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Avg of 0.9 all day today:mad: WTF is going on with this shower.Buy out Perlico&Bt and give us crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Was up this morning before I went to work, but speeds were attrocious! Got a D rating on the pingtest.net on a Galway server, and speedtest.net was showing about 2 meg d/l, with a ping of 64, and a .34 upload. This is the 7 meg line.

With BT up until a few weeks ago, and got a contant almost 7, pings of 30 odd, no jitter, and very little packet loss, if any!

Not impressed. Not impressed at all.

I'm the same as you , one vodafone tech actually told me that a 80 ms ping is average i laughed at him, during the day my speed and ping is fine bt once it goes past 6 pm i drop from 5.5mb to 1 mb and my ping doubles and sometimes triples.
    I've been on the vodafone facebook page where i was told to contact vodafone paul on here or else log on to the vodafone forums, lol still waiting for paul to get back to me and the vodafone forums i was unable to register.
    They are a right joke,missing bt.

Yep this is a f***king joke now

680212112.png

680216623.png

Come back Ripwave all is forgiven :rolleyes:

i have found that when i use my old eircom router or the vodafone zxyzell one there is no broadband at all but using the god awful chinese import huweaii modem i at least can get some kind of connection however slow it is and i can do without all the pictures loading as long as i have some connection!

was on the phone to vodafone who told me that eircom are to blame as vodafone only rent the lines etc from eircom but that they are working on having this fixed this week basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i have found that when i use my old eircom router or the vodafone zxyzell one there is no broadband at all but using the god awful chinese import huweaii modem i at least can get some kind of connection however slow it is and i can do without all the pictures loading as long as i have some connection!

was on the phone to vodafone who told me that eircom are to blame as vodafone only rent the lines etc from eircom but that they are working on having this fixed this week basically.

i was told that 3 weeks ago, to which i replyed i'm a vodafone customer not an eirom one.

vodafone now claim to have fixed the broadband? i tried using my old eircom router again but it shows a red light for broadband and using vodafones zxyzell router it says dsl is up but cant connect to internet. i am using the awful huaweii router again now as it seems the only one that can connect to vodafones broadband..........rubbish modem for a rubbish service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Back to normal in Ashbourne. I hvae my full download speed back again. I have no issues using my old Eircom Netopia 2247NWG modem. Works fine this end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

down since about 2am with me in monaghan...

all connected, just no internet access...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

dogpile wrote: »
    Yep this is a f***king joke now

680212112.png

680216623.png

Come back Ripwave all is forgiven :rolleyes:
    Those kind of ping times doesn't exist with DSL connections, that looks like an internal setup issue.

How do you connect? Wirelessly or with a cable? What router(s) are you using?

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Those kind of ping times doesn't exist with DSL connections, that looks like an internal setup issue.

How do you connect? Wirelessly or with a cable? What router(s) are you using?

Vodafones Bewan modem connected with ethernet cable

I have an old BT Zyxel modem I might try later see it there's any difference

Vodafones Bewan modem connected with ethernet cable

I have an old BT Zyxel modem I might try later see it there's any difference
    Yes please do, also post your line statistics too if you can.

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate 384 7168
    MaxRate 1124 10496
    NoiseMargin 16.0 13.4
    Attenuation 16.0 26.4
    Power 2.0 11

daytime I ususally get what I pay for, not so in the evening

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate 384 7168
    MaxRate 1124 10496
    NoiseMargin 16.0 13.4
    Attenuation 16.0 26.4
    Power 2.0 11

daytime I ususally get what I pay for, not so in the evening
    Everything looks fine there, I guess the Noise Margin could be a little higher but it should still operate.

Try disconnecting everything off the line in your house (sky, phones, alarms, filters) and connecting only the Broadband. Then connect up the Zyxel using the yellow cable and do a Speed Test by downloading a file from ftp.heanet.ie and making note of a stable transfer rate after a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I got a mate to check it for me in eircom and no problem their end.

Well he was either ill-informed or was not speaking the truth then.

Advertisement