Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrician work in oz

Options
  • 11-01-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey everyone just wonderin if anyboby has worked in australia as an electrician,do u need 2 do new exams even if ur qualified over here(ireland)?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I'm currently working as an electrician in Perth. I've been here for about a year and a half. Its alot of hassle to work as an electrician in Australia. Irish qualification are not recognised here..or qualifications from any other country apart from NZ. You need to get an electrical licence which took me 6 months to get..I've never met anyone that got it quicker than that and I've talked to alot of Irish sparks here! most can't be bothered going through the process because it costs around $2000 to do it. It is possible to get work as a trade assistant but it can be hard to get this as most companies want people with a licence. Have a look at this for more info http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Advertisement