Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig removal.

Options
  • 11-01-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Logged on today and my sig had been removed and replaced with a "sig too big" link which when clicked lead to a post about signature rules.

My sig did not contain any "profanity, bigotry, racism, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others." So obviously it was a issue with the size, thats fair enough and i would have gladly downsized or deleted the sig,if i had been asked.I didn't realize "mods" could enter (for want of a better word) your user CP and change your sig, what else can they change or do without your permission?

What annoyed me is the fact someone changed my sig without contacting me first, they could have told me there was an issue with my Sig and given me 24 hours to change it and if it wasn't they could have changed it then.A bit of common sense wouldn't have gone astray here.

I would have contacted the "mod" in question directly via PM but he has them turned off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mods cannot change your sig, only an admin can. There are clearly defined rules regarding signature size and it's incumbent on you to familiarise yourself with them to ensure you're not in breach of them. There are far more pressing matters to be dealt with than PMing posters advising them that their sig is too big, making note of the posters contacted and waiting 24 hours, re-checking to see if changes have been made and then effecting changes in those cases where the poster hasn't updated their sig. It's far more efficient to remove offending sigs as and when they're brought to our attention.

Advertisement