Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop issue - freezes when left idle

• 11-01-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I think this is in the right forum.

First I suppose I better tell you what kind of laptop I have. It's a Dell Inspiron 1525.

3gb Ram
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
    32-bit Operating System
    The OS is Vista Home Premium.

The problem: I was error checking the hard disk and it froze at 68%. I left it for 4 hours and nothing happened so Iturned laptop off and back on again.

The Reason why I was checking the hard disk for errors: I was having problems with laptop freezing when left idle for maybe 10 mins approx. An error message dialog box came up about security error and then it froze. I have to turn off at the button and when I restart I have to restar in Safe mode.

Last month, I had to do a factory reset after speaking to a Dell Customer Support advisor (after been charged €90 for the pleasure, although that's a different story which I won't go into). The reason was my laptop wouldn't work, even in safe mode.

Questions:
    Does anyone know if the hard disk error is related to the laptop freezing when left idle firstly? and secondly, does anyone know how to fix it?

Also I have an extended Warranty with Dell, they told me it was a software problem just before Xmas. Would a hard disk problem not be a hardware issue and thus should be covered under warranty?

Thanks in advance guys,

Looder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Anybody any ideas?

Advertisement