Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chrome gone very slow

• 11-01-2010 9:39pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When chrome came out i absolutely loved it, so much faster and nicer to use, however I still found myself going back to Firefox as chrome did not have some of the features I wanted. However the new beta version fixed that with all the extensions. It was fantastic for a good while but I have found Chrome sometimes goes painfully slow. Especially if I'm opening a lot of tabs on e.g boards, facebook or youtube etc, and sometimes it even crashes.

What can I do to fix this can anyone tell me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You know about the internal taskmanger right? Hit Shift+Esc, it'll tell you where the resources are being used in terms of Up/Down, CPU and Memory:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I did not, cool thanks. Wow, amazing how much memory some extensions take up!

Any other tips to streamlining or speeding up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

You know about the internal taskmanger right? Hit Shift+Esc, it'll tell you where the resources are being used in terms of Up/Down, CPU and Memory:)
    Thats excellent thanks.

I was having slow downs with chrome a few days ago but its okay atm. Dont know what caused the slowdowns.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Zascar wrote: »
    I did not, cool thanks. Wow, amazing how much memory some extensions take up!

Any other tips to streamlining or speeding up?

FB can cause havoc, its large for one, but it also constantly communicates even when left idle. If you're on an eircom connection you have limited up speeds at is is, so conserving that can help.

I dont really have any plugins or "gears" so I cant really be of any more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've found chrome has been slow over the last few days too. I didn't know about the shortcut to the task manager. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement