Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer aftersales problem, waiting over a month for netbook to be returned

Options
  • 11-01-2010 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi i am having a lot of problems with acer aftersales. I sent an under gaurantee netbook for repair over a month ago and they have not returned it. Each time i ring im given the same line about escalateing the problem but nothing gets done. what step should i take next as i will get nowhere by ringing or emailing them again. thanks

Below is a time line of events to date:

On 4/12/09 I sent out netbook with DHL and was given reference no.

On 15/12/09 I was told it was in transit and I would receive it in 48 hours

On 19/12/09 Contrary to what I was told previously I was told it had never been sent back. As no one would be at my address for the Christmas period I changed the delivery address and was told it would be delivered to the new address in 48 hours. I was given a new refrence no.

On 21/12/09 I was told the location of the netbook was unknown and the problem would be escalated and to ring back in 48 hours.

On 23/12/09 A DHL delivery driver called me saying he had to pick up a package from me for Acer. I informed him I was waiting for a package from Acer.

On 24/12/09 I rang your customer service department and was again told the problem would be escalated and to ring back in 48 hours and the location of the netbook would definitely be known. I asked them to ring me when they found it and was told they could not make outgoing calls. I asked to speak to a manager who told me the exact same thing.

On 28/12/09 I was unable to get through and was instructed to leave a message and I would be contacted by Acer. When I tried to leave a message I was told the message inbox was full. I noted that they could ring me back if I left a message but I had previously been told they couldn’t make outgoing calls

On 31/12/09 I was told yet again they still did not know where the netbook was and the problem would be escalated to ring back in 48 hours, they again refused to call me back when they found out. When I questioned their ability to make outgoing calls when people left messages my question was not answered, I also asked if I could be emailed and they had my email address, the agent said he would but I still have not received any email.

On 04/01/10 I was again unable to get through and the message inbox was full again. I sent a strongly worded email out lineing what had happened sofar.

On 05/01/10 I rang and was told yet again they still did not know where the netbook was and the problem would be escalated. They said the technical support team back in 48 hours, they did not ring.

On 07/01/10 I rang and was told yet again they still did not know where the netbook was and the problem would be escalated. They said the technical support team back in 48 hours, they did not ring.
    on 08/01/10 i recieved the following email, but no follow up to it
    Hello, Thank you for contacting Acer.

Regarding your enquiry,

I have passed this onto the complaints team to investigate and deal with asap and they will then respond to you.

on 11/01/10 I rang and asked for the manager, was put on to floor superviser and was told yet again they still did not know where the netbook was and the problem would be escalated. They said the technical support team back before 6 O'Clock. I said i wanted a replacement laptop if they did not sort out the prob by 6. they did not ring back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Do you have Proof of Delivery?

Did you send to England or Banbridge?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ok, write a formal complaint and give them 10 working days to respond.

Advise them that should you not receive a more definate answer other then "we'll esculate it" then you'll be lodging a claim with the small claims court for the cost of the netbook, cost of calls and cost of postage in relation to the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rachel25

Hi i have proof of delivery to England. At this stage i dont see any point in keeping ringing them because its always the same answer. I will write them that letter today. It is abvious that they lost the laptop between England and Ireland or else someone else has it...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

Rachel25 wrote: »
    Hi i have proof of delivery to England. At this stage i dont see any point in keeping ringing them because its always the same answer. I will write them that letter today. It is abvious that they lost the laptop between England and Ireland or else someone else has it...

I would send the letter by Registered Post.

I sent them an email and threatened them with small claims court and they rang me back last Thursday and i received my laptop by Monday morning to find that it had not been even repaired the battery still was not charging.

They are a disgrace now i am waiting for my laptop to be picked up again to be repaired so God knows when i will get it back again!!!!!:mad::mad:

I would never again buy an Acer product none of them can give you a straight answer when you ring them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I would suspect you are throught to inforteam? a third party repair company.

Acer have an office in Engalnd too, Google it and get onto them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

OP, write them a letter. Send it to their UK offices. State you would like this resolved within 10 days or will instigate legal action against them & the repair company.

And never buy Acer again, like me.

I refuse to buy an Acer product because even as far back as 2004 their Aftersales was rubbish and gave me the runaround. I sent a laptop back for repair twice in a year for the same problem and asked for a new laptop or refund on the third tim it went for repair (I was young, didn't know consumer law and was misinformed by the seller about who I would apply for a refund to). I was told I would get a call from a supervisor to inform me about this process and never got the call.

Two weeks later when I rang back after receiving no communication from them, they told me the laptop was out of warranty by two days (disregarding my call two weeks earlier to report the problem) and tried to charge me £600+ for a new motherboard.

I ended up getting a solicitor to communicate with them, and was offered a free repair "as a gesture of goodwill" for their cockup, and because of their delay in getting back to me I wasn't eligible to return the laptop to the seller for a full refund (The laptop cost me £950. I sold it on as soon as it came back, I'd had enough.

I am still waiting on the laptop to be picked up from my own house. I told the guy i spoke to from Acer on Monday that they have to ring me as soon as it is fixed and i want it delivered within 48 hours.

Never ever again would i buy a product from Acer, and i would advice anyone not to buy it.

I am shocked that i waited so long to get it back and it wasn't even fixed i dont know what kind of repair centre they are running but its a joke. If its not picked up tomorrow i will be straight on that phone again. I am also sending them my phone bill and they are refunding me for all the calls, which im not holding my breath that they will refund me!!!!! They make me so angry :mad:

Its shocking how they tried to charge you for the motherboard Touching Virus, i guarantee thats what they will try to do with me!!!

Rachel

Advertisement