Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

If some of the legal people could read this and offer advice i'd be most apreciative :)

Right first a bit of background, I work in a hotel/nightclub on the weekends and full time during the summer earning about 10k a year.
    I assume and am told I am entitled to holiday pay, the problem is getting it from our employer, as it stands i'm owed for 2008 and 2009 as they would not give it to me and kept putting it off and the same for all the staff, its a battle to get the money and I demanded it before christmas and nothing even when it is promised. The time off is easy to get but the money just will not be given out at all.
    It would not be so bad but i'v been there over two years and nobody has gotten a payrise or similar and its frustrating how tight the owner is :( Is there anything that can be done to force the money out of him as its ridiculous at this stage?

The reason for this thread is we had a staff meeting and we were told if anyone talks about how the hotel is doing to any customers we will recieve a warning and if it happens again we will be fired, keeping in mind we have no access to figures is this a legal request?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement