Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler pipes

• 11-01-2010 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i fitted a stanley cooker (diy), everything seems to work except when boiler water heatin, return pipe is hotter than flow. its a solid fuel cooker with stat on flow and pump on return. on two occasions stat failed to kick in, had to rush to turn stat down to get pump running. has anyone any ideas why return is getting hotter than flow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

sarcol wrote: »
    i fitted a stanley cooker (diy), everything seems to work except when boiler water heatin, return pipe is hotter than flow. its a solid fuel cooker with stat on flow and pump on return. on two occasions stat failed to kick in, had to rush to turn stat down to get pump running. has anyone any ideas why return is getting hotter than flow.

You have to be careful when combining two systems, one may circulate into the other. Non return valves are fitted to stop one system circulating into the other.

Hard to make out everything from your post, when you run boiler, return pipe heats up @ Stanley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sarcol

yes, when boiler running return pipe gets hotter than flow to hot tank, i have an injector tee fitted where rads return meets hot tank return. would it be better to remove injector tee. could air be getting trapped in top of boiler. i have no non return vavles, stanley said not to.it works ok most of the time, but this has now happened twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Have you an oil fired boilr too?

no oil just solid fuel, gravity feed to hot tank and pump to upstairs and down stairs rads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is the pump pumping in the right direction?

• Advertisement

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Briantheplumber

sarcol wrote: »

The pipework isnt filled properly, let the air out at the highest point, thats why the flow isnt getting hot, theres no water at the stat to get hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

ok not to sound like im taking the piss out of you but are the flow and retur the right way round??ie flow a top of boiler and return at bottom?

the system is filled, , and yes the pipes are the right way round

yes the system is filling and yes the pipes are the right way round,

• Advertisement
Advertisement