Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Setanta Sports for 3 months for €5 connection fee.

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

This is an An Post promotion. Just pay 2 bills at the post office and receive a voucher to watch Setanta Sports free for 90 days for €5 connection fee. Offers ends January 31st.

The only catch is you must opt-out of the subscription by giving notice, before day 60 of the 90 day period:
    Terms and Conditions
    3. Customers who take the offer must provide Setanta Sports with thirty days notice of their intention not to continue with the Setanta Service. The Setanta Service will automatically revert to normal monthly price at the end of the 90 day period. i.e. if the customer does not call Setanta Sports by day 60 of the 90 day period, Setanta Sports will take a €16.99 payment on day 91.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If I want to watch reruns of Top Gear I can simply turn on Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    If I want to watch reruns of Top Gear I can simply turn on Dave.

Is this for sky or UPC customer and is it for both setanta channels or just setanta Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I don't know how they actually connect you. I suppose if you're on Sky/cable it's done via the cable company, and maybe if you're on free satellite they send you a box. Regarding the channels, it does say free Setanta Sports, not Setanta Ireland. Again I'm not sure, you could phone them on 0818 20 30 40 or 048 30824020 to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

A friend of mine was signed up with Setanta last year and tried to cancel after they had all the trouble with finance, which I felt he had a legitimate right to do considering they lost the football and other things that he had signed up.. .
    But of course they had in the fine print that he couldnt cancel without a few months notice.

They make it very difficult for you to cancel. I think they have a thousand people looking after sales and one person answering calls for cancellations. Very disingenuous.. Like when you text back one of the text services, you can never get shot of them.

You might get signed up fro a fiver but how much will it cost in phone calls and hassle getting the thing cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dilbert59

Hey, what's the story

Setanta for a €5 do you know if that offer is still going, cause I'd like to sign up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Thread is from January so unlikely that this offer is still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RJGMovie

dilbert59 wrote: »
    Hey, what's the story

Setanta for a €5 do you know if that offer is still going, cause I'd like to sign up for it.

The Irish Sun are offering 3 months free Setanta Sports 1. You have to collect 3 tokens this week. Seems a good offer.:D

RJGMovie wrote: »
    The Irish Sun are offering 3 months free Setanta Sports 1. You have to collect 3 tokens this week. Seems a good offer.:D

Only you have to buy the Irish Sun. Then Try cancelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

RJGMovie wrote: »

Only Setanta Sports 1?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Only Setanta Sports 1?

Prob only available to those on UPC whom already have Setanta Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dilbert59

I guess i'll be buying the Irish Sun then for their offer thanks for the tip

Advertisement