Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Setanta Sports for 3 months for €5 connection fee.

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

This is an An Post promotion. Just pay 2 bills at the post office and receive a voucher to watch Setanta Sports free for 90 days for €5 connection fee. Offers ends January 31st.

The only catch is you must opt-out of the subscription by giving notice, before day 60, of the 90 day period:
    Terms and Conditions
    3. Customers who take the offer must provide Setanta Sports with thirty days notice of their intention not to continue with the Setanta Service. The Setanta Service will automatically revert to normal monthly price at the end of the 90 day period. i.e. if the customer does not call Setanta Sports by day 60 of the 90 day period, Setanta Sports will take a €16.99 payment on day 91.

I've also posted this on the Televison forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

does this work ok with sky yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

looks good but i wonder does it work for ntl? The promotion is only available in the Republic of Ireland and only available on satellite. The Customer must provide the equipment necessary to avail of the Setanta Service. No Sky connection is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

This is just normal Setanta Sports (which comes with one of the basic NTL packages) and not Setanta 1 etc (that come with the Setanta package), right?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Vertakill wrote: »
    This is just normal Setanta Sports (which comes with one of the basic NTL packages) and not Setanta 1 etc (that come with the Setanta package), right?
    Seems to be the full package - terms calls it Setanta Sports - the other is Setanta Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Cheers for that. Going to definitely look into this if that's the case because I already have the standard Setanta Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

wow, sounds awesome. details seem quite slack though. i have no sky sub but have a sky box, can i get setenta ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    wow, sounds awesome. details seem quite slack though. i have no sky sub but have a sky box, can i get setenta ya?

5. The promotion is not available to current Setanta Sports subscribers or Setanta Sports subscribers who have cancelled their connection to the Setanta Service or whose Subscription to the Setanta Service has been terminated at any time in the 60 days prior to availing of the 90 day Subscription. The promotion is only available in the Republic of Ireland and only available on satellite. The Customer must provide the equipment necessary to avail of the Setanta Service. No Sky connection is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'm already on this package, I've got sky. I rang and asked about subscribing in november and they offered me three months for €5. I said how much is it after the three months and he said just give us a ring and we'll put you back on the €5 for another three months if you're thinking of cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I currently have a skybox, but no subscription. Could I get this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Anyone care to share the reference number or put up a scanned voucher for us poor unfortunates tied to direct debits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Does this work if you use an post online bill payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Anyone care to share the reference number or put up a scanned voucher for us poor unfortunates tied to direct debits?

I think what's printed on the voucher are unique numbers, related to the BillPay receipt, so I'd say they're not re-usable. Unless someone doesn't want the voucher.

You can pay any bill at the post office, even one without a balance ie. you can take any 2 bills even if they're already paid, and just pay something off each account. Then you qualify for the voucher.

I've read a lot about people having terrible difficulty cancelling with Setanta Sports, so maybe it's not for everyone, unless you plan to stay with them after this offer ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

What equipment do you need exactly?

Its only for satellite so you need a dish. Then will any sat box do, or do you need a sky box, or any one that takes a viewing card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Oracle wrote: »
    The only catch is you must opt-out of the subscription by giving notice, before day 60, of the 90 day period:

when u ring up to opt out of the service will they cancel it straight away or do u still get the next 30 days for free ie. ring up to cancel on day 59

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

funkyflea wrote: »
    I'm already on this package, I've got sky. I rang and asked about subscribing in november and they offered me three months for €5. I said how much is it after the three months and he said just give us a ring and we'll put you back on the €5 for another three months if you're thinking of cancelling.
    Methinks I sense a flaw in their plan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Went in with two bills to post office today. Asked for the setanta voucher told it was luck of the draw whether you were picked on their system when you pay the bills, that its not guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bazwaldo wrote: »
    What equipment do you need exactly?

Its only for satellite so you need a dish. Then will any sat box do, or do you need a sky box, or any one that takes a viewing card?

A dish, Sky box and old viewing card. Setanta seem to have a problem sending out viewing cards to potential subscribers. Their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭j14

waster81 wrote: »
    Went in with two bills to post office today. Asked for the setanta voucher told it was luck of the draw whether you were picked on their system when you pay the bills, that its not guaranteed.

According to the An Post website every person paying two bills is entitled to the voucher.

I'd say go back

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Billpay/Setanta+Sports+Promotion.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Oracle wrote: »
    This is an An Post promotion. Just pay 2 bills at the post office and receive a voucher to watch Setanta Sports free for 90 days for €5 connection fee. Offers ends January 31st.

I've also posted this on the Televison forum.

Just to make sure Eircom broadband subscribers are aware that setanta sports is available to them free of charge via their computer as part of their subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah its not a draw everyone who pays 2 bills can get a voucher. When I was at the post office I saw a stack of them behind the counter ready for printing with the number. They put each voucher into a machine that prints the reference number on them. It is a bit of extra work to print the voucher, or maybe they couldn't be bothered, or don't understand the promotion.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    A dish, Sky box and old viewing card. Setanta seem to have a problem sending out viewing cards to potential subscribers. Their loss.

am i screwed so, i dont have an old viewing card.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

does this work with ntl or is itt just sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

it says on An Post website you are issued a reference number,is it unique? Could someone not post it for easier access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

JAMM222 wrote: »
    does this work with ntl or is itt just sky?

Satellite only.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    am i screwed so, i dont have an old viewing card.

me neither. i got my skybox second hand. is a sky viewing card essential?

has anyone actually done this yet?? i might just have to visit the local post office about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

Would it work with Humax HD box?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Got my voucher code today, cheers OP. Paid 2 bills, not in full, over the counter in Andrew St. Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

PCDub wrote: »
    Got my voucher code today, cheers OP. Paid 2 bills, not in full, over the counter in Andrew St. Post Office.

Did you get a reference number to put into application form for Setanta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

badker wrote: »
    Did you get a reference number to put into application form for Setanta?

Yes, printed one there and then no problems.

Advertisement