Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Setanta Sports for 3 months for €5 connection fee.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

basquille wrote: »
    Methinks I sense a flaw in their plan! :D

I kid you not, that's exactly what the guy said, he must of known I was gonna cancel after three months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vaiio

waster81 wrote: »
    Went in with two bills to post office today. Asked for the setanta voucher told it was luck of the draw whether you were picked on their system when you pay the bills, that its not guaranteed.

Hi there, do you know what post office was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

hi i got it sorted out, went in couple of days ago. The woman in post office had to pay two of her own bills in order for me to get the code. It was in Santry office.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

heres a code i got i wont be using it so anybody want to use it = 3109-1-1501403

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

antod wrote: »
    heres a code i got i wont be using it so anybody want to use it = 3109-1-1501403

Worked fine for me. Many thanks for posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

yknaa wrote: »
    Worked fine for me. Many thanks for posting.

no bother you are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I'd say a lotta people will be using that code ...... ;)

P.S. There's only 1 more week to take up this promotion. The offer ends on january 31st. thats a Sunday and 30th. is a Saturday, many post offices are closed both days. So offer effectively ends on Friday 29th. January, unless your post office opens on Saturday.

A few more things about this promo:
    • Once you have the voucher it can be used up to February 28th., so you can delay connecting until then. Handy if you'd prefer to watch March to May, rather than February to April.
    • You can pay anyones bill and qualify for this, the bill doesn't have to be in your name.i.e. it can be your flat mate, parents, friend, partner, etc......
    • Many bills can also be paid by debit card at the post office, as well as cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

antod wrote: »

Anybody know if this code still works?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Just saw this on the anpost website.......
    "Due to popular demand this promotion will be closing on the 23rd of January. So make sure to pay two bills and avail of your voucher before this date."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I have a voucher which I intend using but not yet. The small print states I have until Feb 28th. I was planning on activating it on Mid Feb unless they have any games on I'm interested in before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

phantom60 wrote: »
    "Due to popular demand this promotion will be closing on the 23rd of January. So make sure to pay two bills and avail of your voucher before this date."

ah feck didnt have two bills to pay yet, cutting the promo short is not doing setenta any favours in public opinion. if anyone has a spare code, i'd gladly use it, please PM me if you have one. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    ah feck didnt have two bills to pay yet, cutting the promo short is not doing setenta any favours in public opinion. if anyone has a spare code, i'd gladly use it, please PM me if you have one. thanks

I'm in the same boat. only have 1 bill. I thought I had a second yesterday when bin charges bill came but it says it can't be paid at post office. Any code that people aren't using would be appreciated. Plz PM me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

phantom60 wrote: »

So you can't do it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

I paid twenty quid off two bills today (they were already fully paid so i am now in credit on them) and got a voucher and all set up now

I'm disappointed at AnPost for ending this promotion early. It's not good marketing or PR for either AnPost or Setanta. How many extra vouchers have they avoided giving out for the sake of 5 days? Ending a promotion early should only be done in exceptional circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

I paid 2 bills on Fri ... got a voucher , went to look for it this morning to ring Setanta ... can't find it !!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

RayCon wrote: »
    I paid 2 bills on Fri ... got a voucher , went to look for it this morning to ring Setanta ... can't find it !!!!:(

I feel your pain!

I am also disappointed they ended it so soon. I had intended taking them up on the offer but cant!

It is a lousy thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

But just remember everyone with a voucher, it can be used up until 28th February.

Woo hoo ... found my voucher ... just rang Setanta - basically if you've never been with Setanta before , you need to give them the voucher number from An Post , Your Sky Viewing Card Number , Name , Address and Payment details for the €5 connection fee ... they'll then turn the signal on for your Sky Box .... not sure what the procedure is for NTL / Chorus customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭billyhead

Can someone tell me the T&Cs of the contract for the 3 months free viewing. I am always sceptical when I heard the word free. I have a voucher code but want to make sure I know what I am singing up for:D

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the T&Cs of the contract for the 3 months free viewing. I am always sceptical when I heard the word free. I have a voucher code but want to make sure I know what I am singing up for:D

Read the first post in this thread and click the link ....... :)

Signed up this evening ... painless ... channel was instantly viewable and the girl I was dealing with even told me what date to ring back to cancel by !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Does setanta still show UFC now? Ive read it doesnt but im not 100% sure, anyone know? If they dont, what channel does now? I have sky digital with the sports package btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Digitalism wrote: »
    Does setanta still show UFC now? Ive read it doesnt but im not 100% sure, anyone know? If they dont, what channel does now? I have sky digital with the sports package btw.

No, UFC is only available on ESPN now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Ahh ffs! Is that a subscription channel its on as I think theres a few ESPN channels on sky? If so do you know how much p/m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Digitalism wrote: »
    Ahh ffs! Is that a subscription channel its on as I think theres a few ESPN channels on sky? If so do you know how much p/m?

As you have Sky Sports it will cost you €12 per month. UFC on ESPN isn't a new thing. It has been there since ESPN launched more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,057 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

A family member rang up with the voucher today to avail of this offer but was told that it was only for sky customers and not for NTL (we have digital if that makes a difference?). I'll be home in a bit and have a proper look at the terms and conditions, but I dont remember that being the case when I read the voucher yesterday. Can anyone clarify this for me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Got the voucher yesterday, rang Setanta this am, gave name ,address, Sky viewing card no, payment details, ref no, and got hooked up immediately:D

Tusky wrote: »
    A family member rang up with the voucher today to avail of this offer but was told that it was only for sky customers and not for NTL (we have digital if that makes a difference?). I'll be home in a bit and have a proper look at the terms and conditions, but I dont remember that being the case when I read the voucher yesterday. Can anyone clarify this for me ?

Terms and conditions

5. The promotion is not available to current Setanta Sports subscribers or Setanta Sports subscribers who have cancelled their connection to the Setanta Service or whose Subscription to the Setanta Service has been terminated at any time in the 60 days prior to availing of the 90 day Subscription. The promotion is only available in the Republic of Ireland and only available on satellite. The Customer must provide the equipment necessary to avail of the Setanta Service. No Sky connection is required

• Advertisement

Having said that I was subscribing to setanta at the time, and they still gave me the 3 months free with the voucher

Advertisement