Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting your driving licence number?

• 11-01-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Hi, my drivers licence was stolen and it has now expired. I need my drivers licence number. Would the tax office be the correct people to contact or the RSA? Would they hand it out over the phone if I can give them my pps number and other details?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

You don't need the driving license number. What you need is a D8.A form - lost/stolen declaration form - signed by the cop shop, and send that off with your normal application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

testicle wrote: »
    You don't need the driving license number. What you need is a D8.A form - lost/stolen declaration form - signed by the cop shop, and send that off with your normal application.

It's expired so I don't think they just replace it (I need that form anyway). When you replace it you get an exact copy but I need that number to apply for a new licence and to apply for a test by post.

You need your PPS number to apply for a duplicate license.

colly10 wrote: »
    It's expired so I don't think they just replace it (I need that form anyway). When you replace it you get an exact copy but I need that number to apply for a new licence and to apply for a test by post.

The D8 A is if it you have lost it / it has been stolen, but it has expired. The D800 form is if it hasn't expired and you want a replacement.

Seeing as it has expired, you will need the D8 A, and the ordinary application form, which is a D400.

You need your PPS number to apply for a duplicate license.

I cant get a duplicate of an expired licence as far as I know and it would be no use to me anyway. I want to apply for a new licence but need the number off my old one, just wondering if anyone knows who to contact for this?

• Advertisement

The D8 A is if it you have lost it / it has been stolen, but it has expired. The D800 form is if it hasn't expired and you want a replacement.

Seeing as it has expired, you will need the D8 A, and the ordinary application form, which is a D400.

Thanks for your help, just one more question, I need this number to apply for my test (which I need to prove I applied for in order to get my licence), I can post the D8A and the licence application but can still not send the test proof with it because I need the number first. (this is just getting more and more complicated :( )

Here is a form D8A for you.

Here is a form D8A for you.

Thanks, any idea how I would get around the situation above :confused:

Ring your motor tax office and ask them for advice.

You can apply for a driving test the old fashioned way too...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Another question about Irish drivers license, which number on the license is the drivers license number needed for car rental.

There are two numbers under the title number, one in black print and one in large red print. Which is it? Always confuses the hell out of car rentals abroad when inputting the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

lukejr wrote: »
    Another question about Irish drivers license, which number on the license is the drivers license number needed for car rental.

There are two numbers under the title number, one in black print and one in large red print. Which is it? Always confuses the hell out of car rentals abroad when inputting the details.

The black one is your person file number which is always the same 040xxxxxx or whatever
    the red one is the serial number of the piece of paper it's printed on which changes if you get a new licence for any reason B1234567

@OP Ring your local motor tax office and give them your name, address & DOB they should give you your file number

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

pah wrote: »
    The black one is your person file number which is always the same 040xxxxxx or whatever
    the red one is the serial number of the piece of paper it's printed on which changes if you get a new licence for any reason B1234567

@OP Ring your local motor tax office and give them your name, address & DOB they should give you your file number

ah old stock...the voice of experience in many respects

Advertisement