Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much Study?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

adamshred wrote: »
    Humans aren't all the same so don't doubt something that you have no knowledge of.
    Fair enough, but then maybe you shouldn't be saying that others don't need to do much study. After all, if it was just a matter of paying attention and doing your homework, everyone would be getting top marks in the leaving. Now you may be one of the lucky ones who doesn't need to study much, but unfortunately most of us have to put the extra work in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I've moved up to the 1-4 hour category. 2 hours of French yesterday evening (had a mock oral today so prepared some of that stuff.) Got a strange kick out of it. So I'm hoping to get loads of Irish done this weekend and hopefully some chemistry and physics. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've been luckier this week, teachers have eased off on the homework so i've had more time to study. There's a good bit to do but i'm getting there slowly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I find it easier to study for some subjects more than others. Like.. Studying Geography is grand but then I cannot bring myself to do Irish or French.. and I need to do well in Irish.. which will take alot of work! I just cant study it!!

I'm the same; no problem learning chemistry and biology, but when it comes to subjects like English I don't even know where to start...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

Today I bring a ray of sunshine to your life, a poll!
    Answer it at your own risk :)
    Be honest
    And don't turn this thread into:
    "I do more/less study than you I'm class, your stupid" <---- That stuff

0-1.... and maybe half an hour before a test or whatever cos i hate studying. FUN FACT : "studying" is derived from the word "students dying" Just thought ye should know that !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

DB10 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Yep sure.

Honestly, I didn't do a tap last year (that's why I'm repeating; if I had tried last year I wouldn't have repeated. I'd have viewed it as a pointless exercise as my intention this year was to give the Leaving Cert my all) and I came out with 465. IDK,it's weird. I'm hoping to increase that by 100 or so by starting to study now.

I think for some people it is easy to get to a certain level with the minimum of effort but beyond that it takes a lot more effort,if that makes sense.

My plan is: an hour of study on average every weeknight and four hours per Saturday and Sunday. Now there's a realistic plan if ever I had one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Over the past three days I've done 14+ hours, but I think that's up to panic in realising how close the mocks are. I probably haven't done 14 hours in the three months before Christmas. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

At least you realised Bhoy, I'm aiming for 520 points and I haven't really done any major study yet. I only did 2 hours of study in the last week. (Partly because I did at least 10 hours of written homework in the past week <__<).

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

All our teachers are piling on the h/w this week :cool:. And the way our school works makes it really difficult to get in extra study time. I have to ask - does any other school do a later study i.e 5.45-8.10 p.m? That's our study time and it's amazing how little you get done in it as far as revision goes.

I came home early tonight though - skipped the study- and did about an hour of just revision, the other hour of homework. I'm trying to pick it up but I find it hard to sit down and actually do it tbh =/.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Tonight was the first night i havent studied since i started (i know, its only a week but suppose better than nothing) and i feel guilty lol, but I have the day off work tomorrow so intend on doing a few solid hours then. Oh actually does translating my facebook into irish count? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fuNk90

haha leaving cert hate to be doing that again

college ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

How'd you fit in the LC course into 6 weeks:L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Meh. Have done no study today at all. Weekend laziness has kicked in..

Feck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭je suis awesome

ive been listening to french rap and randb today, that counts as study right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    All our teachers are piling on the h/w this week :cool:. And the way our school works makes it really difficult to get in extra study time. I have to ask - does any other school do a later study i.e 5.45-8.10 p.m? That's our study time and it's amazing how little you get done in it as far as revision goes.

I came home early tonight though - skipped the study- and did about an hour of just revision, the other hour of homework. I'm trying to pick it up but I find it hard to sit down and actually do it tbh =/.

Our school has 4:20 - 6:00 and 7:00 - 10:00, gonna be doing both after Easter. I stand no chance of getting Law anymore, max I can get is 520, need to get A1's in English, Biology, Home Ec and Economics, and get a A1 in Maths and do really well in German, which I picked up last year, funny though, I've done German for 1 year and 4 months, and i'm way better at that than I am at Irish, which has been for the vast majority of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Your damn right it does;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I watched Aifric yesterday to work on my irish :P It actually worked. I've been studying because my mocks are on the first of feb but probably not as much as i should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

he, I tried to do this for German ages ago, it didn't work for me though.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

i havvent studied at all. and have my mocks in 6 weeks! :eek: im so unorganised....! havent even thought about opening a book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

I do around 6 hours every day ..3 hours during school and 3 hours at home.

How do you manage three hours during school?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

Lawliet wrote: »
    How do you manage three hours during school?

I go to one of those private "grind" schools that people love to hate.I have 4 hours of classes and 3 hours of study every day.

i would love that! 4 hours of classes. deffo better than 6 or longer! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

Kormeera X wrote: »
    i would love that! 4 hours of classes. deffo better than 6 or longer! :mad:

I agree. It sucks having to go through a long day then an evening of study on top of all that. :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

ive lost count of the amount of school days i learned barely anything. could do with them now.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Yeah I agree, I can learn a lot better on my own than having to sit in school and not paying attention. I defnitely learned more from my two hours of study last night than my five hours of written homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Couldn't be bothered making a thread or finding something more relevant, but boy is that thing in the Sunday Business Post a complete waste of time. Helpful my arse.

Tell me about it!!!

• Advertisement

What was it, another study guide?

Advertisement