Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Cashel

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Am living in Clonmel . Moved here about a a year and a half ago. Not a huge fan of the place, am looking to move somewhere else .Looked at cashel, have 2 boys and another on the way.

Any thoughts from anyone who lives there ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Depends on what you are looking for.

I presume as you have a young family you'll want good schools,child care and all that jazz.

As towns in Tipp go Cashel is probably the best of a bad bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Hi,

Am living in Clonmel . Moved here about a a year and a half ago. Not a huge fan of the place, am looking to move somewhere else

Just curious, why do you not like Clonmel? Not being confrontational, just wondering. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MorrisseyMc

Just havent settled here really . Lived in a saeside town before and love walks , nature etc and havent found anything like that around here thats safe for kids annd dogs!

I find I just stay in the house all the time, dont know what to be doing on a daily basis !

Have done a few classes and that, came here all gung ho to start a new life , and it never really happen

Maybe I didnt try very hard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Clonmel can be hard enough to settle into, but most towns are the same these days. There's loads happening, with various interest groups, organisations etc however few do anything to promote themselves, so i can be hard to find out about them.

When my wife moved here 5 or so years ago she didn't know too many, now she's better known than me in the town. She joined a few voluntary groups and got to know people that way who asked her would she be interested in this or that and it is now getting to the stage where she has nearly too much to do.

Advertisement