Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlos Tevez

• 11-01-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Europe is finally seeing Carlos Tevez living up to what Maradona labelled "the Argentine prophet of the 21st century". Forget his West Ham and Man Utd days he is now playing like he did back in his native continent. He was the most expensive ever South American transfer when he moved from Boca to Corinthians and was the first non-Brazilian player to win the League's best player for donkey years and the fact he was Argentine made it even more unique.

He was voted South Americans best player for 3 consecutive years 2003-2005. He played well for Argentina in the 2006 WC if only in cameo roles and his Argentine performances since then have been patchy to say the least. He started slowly at West Ham but finished being named their player of the season and his goals kept them up. For Utd. he had to play second-fiddle to Ronaldo and Rooney. His form dipped to the lowest of his career and he was treated pretty bad by Ferguson towards the end of his Utd. days. Ferguson publicly stated that Tevez wasnt worth the £25m and opted not to buy him. He must be privately sick now as instead of Tevez he is left with the part-time player and Rohypnol laced £32m Berbatov.

Tevez is the League's most in-form striker scoring an incredible 10 goals in 7 matches. He is already City's hero and may lead them into a Top 4 slot this season. Personally I am happy for the guy as he is a model pro giving 100% every time he takes to the field. We all know about his scars received from boiling water. Boca Juniors offered to have them cosmetically improved but Tevez refused, saying that the scars were a part of who he was in the past and who he is today. Classy guy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man City thread is
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm delighted for him because people questioning how good he was or was he good enough etc were being ridiculous and blinded by anger.

The money aspect is a bit mad if you believe some articles but he's definitely worth the £25 million widely quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Post does not warrant a new thread. I think this thread should be locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

He scored a hattrick against ..................... Blackburn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

magma69 wrote: »
    Post does not warrant a new thread. I think this thread should be locked.

?? I opened a thread about a soccer player in the soccer forum and the thread should be locked?? Explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Unless there is a thread already talking about him,is it not valid to discuss his trials and tribulations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

445279.ie wrote: »
    Or.....
    He's scored 10 goals in his last 7 games against............................. loads of teams :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Teves is exactly what Utd need and don't have, a tireless foil for Rooney. I'm also glad he's doing well if only cos that Welcome to Manchester poster would have been recalled as one of the great "oops" moments by the Utd fans for years to come.

Still down at OT they can all wear this instead

owen-welcome-to-manchester-tshirt_design.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

445279.ie wrote: »

And a goal against Chelsea and Arsenal.

http://www.soccerway.com/players/carlos-alberto-tevez/122/

He is in awesome form for us at the minute and we would be nowhere without him,the only reservation I'd have is that he's a confidence player and he'll need assurance that he is going to be first team under Mancini when we have a full squad fit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am going to lock this as if we were to have a new thread for every player who hits a bit of a run the forum would be more like a chat room.

If anybody thinks this needs to be merged into the City thread drop me or any of the other mods a PM.

kryogen wrote: »
    Man City thread is
    >

kryogen,can you report the threads in future and let the mods make a call.Post like this add nothing to the forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement