Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... have ye actually started studying yet? Properly?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi lads.

Just wondering if any of ye feel good or bad at the moment for the JC. I was studying a good bit before the Pre Pres in November and after that I've stopped a bit. Well I am studying like but I dunno if I am enough. My Pres start on teh 24th of February and it's only around the corner when you think about it. I'm worried about the Pres, even though they're not really important (apart from giving you an idea of subject level and stuff).

How about ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I'm the exact same, studied loads in Sept & Oct and just stopped. Tomorrow's a month to my mocks, so I'm gonna start up again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The 24th!!!!!!!!!

Mine start the 1st and I haven't really even properly started.:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

Dear Jesus lads, don't study for the feckin' Junior Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

They haven't told us when they start, but I know they end on the 12th. And I've started studying for everything but History.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

They haven't told us when they start, but I know they end on the 12th. And I've started studying for everything but History.

Anything I've studied has only beeen history, there's just so much

• Advertisement

Anything I've studied has only beeen history, there's just so much

Yeah I've been putting off History for that reason. :D I had a crap teachers for 1st and 1/2 of 2nd year so I don't remember anything, I really need to start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Study? Not at all bearly do homework as it is!
    Fairplay to anyon who does study though I'm sure the results ye get will pay off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I've been getting "You better get all B's or higher" now for a few days, arguements ensued, I'm not gonna study...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I studied a bit at the beginning and then just couldn't keep up because I'm so tired (I do less than last year and I'm more tired :confused:)
    so then I did a bit around Christmas and studied yesterday too in my dad's office too and then tomorrow also.
    But I've only really done home ec, business, geography, music and science. History I just can't do, I try to seem interested but the book has like so much info and the revision book has like it totally condensed but I don't know what to learn for history :confused: Now just to do religion (did like part a, how boring), irish and english. French is easy, so is cspe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

i have been trying to study the last few days i just cant seem to bring myself to do it properly......
    i need to do business, geography and irish because they are my weakest subjects
    i really dont want to think about how close the pres are right now.....

• Advertisement

Just found out my mocks start on the 28th; 2 and a half week's time! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Haven't started yet, for anything. Didn't have xmas tests so didn't even study for them:eek: I dunno if I'll do anything for the PREs at all. maybe just use them to see what you remember and what to proper study before the JC.

That said, I'll still probably become a study freak for the next 2 weeks!

Jackobyte wrote: »
    That said, I'll still probably become a study freak for the next 2 weeks!

Me too, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

I'm kinda worried because I didn't :eek: I'm kinda sh1tting it now. I mean they're in less than a month now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

No one cares about the Mocks. It's the exam in June that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Merged......no need for two threads.

People do care about the mocks though.....

Actually I've changed my mind, a teacher told me homework is study so therefore I've been studying all year :D

M&S* wrote: »
    Actually I've changed my mind, a teacher told me homework is study so therefore I've been studying all year :D
    @Mary:Are you only doing your JC this year? Your 16 so I presumed you'd be TY at least.

@Mary:Are you only doing your JC this year? Your 16 so I presumed you'd be TY at least.
    Leave me alone :(
    I started school late done 2 years of playschool instead of going into primary, that was my mothers fault I suppose...

M&S* wrote: »
    Leave me alone :(
    I started school late done 2 years of playschool instead of going into primary, that was my mothers fault I suppose...
    Awh, I'm sorry:(:P

• Advertisement

Awh, I'm sorry:(:P
    Its okay I'll be among my own people next year, what I make up in months I loose in inches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tipperaryguy

hav only been studying 4 upcoming tests b4,eg xmas test a week b4hand but from 2day on i will be doin a bout an hour a day max

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

OMG!!!!!!!!!
    I haven't actually studied for mocks yet, nearly 4 weeks to mocks for us........
    everyone says mocks is sooooooo hard than actual J.C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

....Why are people freaking out?

Leftyflip wrote: »
    ....Why are people freaking out?
    Because if they don't do good in their Junior Cert they will never get a job:rolleyes:
    Obviously :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

probably not the best thing to be saying, but ill say it anyway.
    dont worry about the JC obviously study and try, but some people go overboard. still go out to your friends n have a laugh.
    the teachers make the JC sound like it will decide your life but it doesnt. It is a sight of what the LC is like but it is not as important. Try do an hour a day and you'll definitely pass. Even if you listen and do your homework properly you should pass. but you should study to do really well

RML wrote: »
    OMG!!!!!!!!!
    I haven't actually studied for mocks yet, nearly 4 weeks to mocks for us........
    everyone says mocks is sooooooo hard than actual J.C
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't actually studied for mocks yet and it is only... *goes to check calendar* 15 days til they start! / RML voice:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Steve Collins

I dunno how I managed to do it, but over the last few days I've been studying really hard. And usually it's difficult for me to study hard unless I have the exam the next day so I'm pretty proud of myself and hope it'll keep up :D

37 days to go 'til the pres... D:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I have a book beside me and a tab open, waiting for me to revise...
    I really should start tbh my pres are the 4th which is just over 2 weeks I think?

Im sure a lazy person..... :pac:

• Advertisement

Just found out my mocks start on the 28th; 2 and a half week's time! :eek:

Thankfully, they got put back. They start on Monday though. :(

Advertisement