Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... have ye actually started studying yet? Properly?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Mocks coming up and haven't started studying yet :/
    I'm screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mocks start on Friday and havn't studied in the slightest all year. I don't really give a Sh!*e about the mocks though. In late May it'll hit me and I'll be like 'Holy crap, the JC is next week' and I'll cram like F**k and hope for the best.
    It's been working for two 1/2 years for Christmas and Summer tests, so I'm pretty confident :cool:

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Mocks start on Friday and havn't studied in the slightest all year. I don't really give a Sh!*e about the mocks though. In late May it'll hit me and I'll be like 'Holy crap, the JC is next week' and I'll cram like F**k and hope for the best.
    It's been working for two 1/2 years for Christmas and Summer tests, so I'm pretty confident :cool:
    I'm the exact same except its usually for 10 minutes the night before the exam, doesn't go too bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 laurrra

eh does ane1 have any gud study methods cant seem to settle when im studying!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Best method would probably be reading over notes, if your stuck get some Revise Wise books, I find if I'm trying to learn off sample answers try write them out a few times and then see if you can do it without looking at the book.
    Some people make out flash cards with points on it and stick it somewhere that they will be looking at it alot to help them remember..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 laurrra

tanks ill try mocks start tommorrow

Best go study then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Today was a study day for tomorrow's pre's. Studying since 3 and only took a few small boards breaks. Now I gotta go finish covering the science course!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

i havent studied dat much at tall....im nearly done mine now and i only studied for like 40mins in history and did a paper in maths....id say ive got higher than a C in everthing exept the languages and maby maths..im doing honours everthing aswell.....i think its a load of crap expecting you to study 2 hrs. every night from the start of the year...ye dont need te:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

finished my mocks there before midterm..dunno what i was stressin about was a total breeeeeze:rolleyes: anyone using that eircom study hub thing?
    The teacher doing higher level english media studies just stands there wavin his arms about and mixin up the words..:pac:

oh btw was wonderin,on a paper when it says "answer 4 questions" and theres like 6,if ya answer 5 or 6 will ya get more marks or will they take marks off cos they think ya didnt read it right?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

storm2811 wrote: »
    oh btw was wonderin,on a paper when it says "answer 4 questions" and theres like 6,if ya answer 5 or 6 will ya get more marks or will they take marks off cos they think ya didnt read it right?:confused:

They'll correct all 5 and you'll get the marks for the best six.Say there were six questions , each 30 marks and you had to do 4 but you did 5.The marks that you got for each were 30, 18, 24, 9 and 20.They will count the 30, 24, 18 and 20 as yoour best 4 answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lami16

I need to do a lot more study mocks started today and i studied for maths paper 1 for an hour before the test.Id say i did ok though but i need to do a lot more before june

Advertisement