Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

missing credit?

• 11-01-2010 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    This year we elected for joint assessment. (Im being made redundant next month).
    My wife srcop has gone to 45ish mine is down to 17ish which is correct.
    Se has the married couples credit and her paye credit, her weekly credits come to €108 but mine = €0.74.
    So basically we have 3 credits between us, the married couple and her paye. When we were singly assessed we had 4 credits between 2 * paye & 2 * personal.
    Would anyone know why i have almost no credit?
    Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd ring the tax office to check the situation, they'll see whats going on straight away, and amend for you. This definately sounds incorrect. Check out the contact locator on the Revenue website in order to get the correct phone number for your Region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

betonit wrote: »
    Hi,
    This year we elected for joint assessment. (Im being made redundant next month).
    My wife srcop has gone to 45ish mine is down to 17ish which is correct.
    Se has the married couples credit and her paye credit, her weekly credits come to €108 but mine = €0.74.
    So basically we have 3 credits between us, the married couple and her paye. When we were singly assessed we had 4 credits between 2 * paye & 2 * personal.
    Would anyone know why i have almost no credit?
    Ta.

So basically what you are saying above is that you lost your PAYE credit?
    If you are still in employment you are entitled to this credit. If you are finishing work next month but then receiving job seekers you also entitled to this credit. There are circumstances where the paye credit is not allowed i.e proprietory director of a company. Ring your tax office and ask them to have a look at it for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

This happenned to a 3 chefs in our place. Their entitlements had been zeroed by mistake. It was an easy adjustment and theyve been refunded their credits. It also happenned in anouther of the units so it looks like someone hit the wrong button and nuked a load of folks credits.

Good news is it was adjusted really quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

My bad... I was due to be made unemployed at the end of december. I am married a few years but never went joint as it would have made no difference. So I wrote to the Tax office early decemebr electing for joint assessmet and stated that i would be on Jseekers starting in Jan. What they did was assign my paye credit to cover the JS. But i was kept on and am still working and i have no paye credit as it covers the currently non existing JS. This is sorted now. Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

betonit wrote: »
    My bad... I was due to be made unemployed at the end of december. I am married a few years but never went joint as it would have made no difference. So I wrote to the Tax office early decemebr electing for joint assessmet and stated that i would be on Jseekers starting in Jan. What they did was assign my paye credit to cover the JS. But i was kept on and am still working and i have no paye credit as it covers the currently non existing JS. This is sorted now. Thanks all

If you were working since beginning of January and not receiving the benefit of your Paye you are due a little refund through your wages so. Revenue will adjust the paye credit to your employment since you contacted them and therefore in your next payslip (usually takes 5-7 working days) you should see the benefit of the paye credit. If you have ceased employment now, fill out a P50 and send it in with your P45 (you have to wait four weeks before you submit it) and you should receive a small amount back that way then. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement