Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Version of the Game? [Gens 1 & 2]

• 12-01-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Being a big Pokémon fan (up until Crystal), I often ask people what their favourite version is?
    For me it was Silver, (I have all of them) with my least favourite being yellow.

How about you?

Favourite Pokémon game? 46 votes

Red
    0%
    Blue
    19%
    MimikyuthehomeofDobEvoluteMikeyt086AldebaranLunoRedzer7Midnight_EGKen Shamrock 9 votes
    Yellow
    15%
    elekidDman001DavidiusunreggdGunmonkeykennethkAlexis Sanchez 7 votes
    Silver
    19%
    mailrewopkev_s88Jay PEffluoAtavan-HalenProfessey ChinPygmalionDelta_Raven1Fbjm 9 votes
    Gold
    26%
    Dr. BaltarNerinlou91antomorro-seitok9CianRyanJamieKManchoCragulsLiam OA NeuroticFlying Abruptly 12 votes
    Crystal
    19%
    Mr.Nice Guyd22ontourFeral Mutantstick-danZonda999jd007Jimmy IovineJackobyteAngron 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Silver
    :eek: My favourite is yellow. I've put literally 100's of hours into that game. I prefer it because it was the most true to the Animé. If I had to pick, I'd say my least favourite would be Red, but just my version of it because it's in Spanish :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Yellow
    I can't make up my mind between Crystal and Blue. I think Blue might win just for the nostalgia. Crystal made itself a good contender just by having animations, something that I missed greatly in the third gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Silver
    :eek: My favourite is yellow. I've put literally 100's of hours into that game. I prefer it because it was the most true to the Animé. If I had to pick, I'd say my least favourite would be Red, but just my version of it because it's in Spanish :P
    Definitely yellow cause it went with the Animé :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Crystal
    Gold ftw, that was the one with the different types of pokeballs and the changes of pokemon that appeared based on whether it was night or day. I loved that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Yellow
    Yeah gotta agree with stick-dan, much as I loved Blue the clock aspect really made Gold something special for me. Can't wait for Heart Gold! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Gold
    Silver ftw :P

Yellow
    Silver is no Gold or Crystal I'll tell you that much.

That said, I'm getting SoulSilver simply because it sounds more manly than HeartGold. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yellow
    Have to go with Blue, have about 150 hours on my cart, plus it was the gateway drug for me and the 'Mons.

Never got into Silver, only managed about 15 hours, didnt even beat the Elite Four (or their G&S alternative).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Blue
    Add an option for Pokemon Stadium on N64 or GTFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Silver
    the only games i enjoyed were red, blue and yellow...got sick of pokemon games when they're became like 300 pokemon haha...and although i did love red and blue, yellow was definitely my favourite! purely cause i was the first of all my friends to have it and i got it the day it was released :) it was just a kick ass game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Crystal <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Blue
    Gotta go for red with gold in a close second.

The main reason for picking red is just because it was deadly and the only real reason I had a gameboy everyone had the small ones in school I had the big chunky grey one lol still have it somewhere too same goes for red and gold and my brothers silver version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Blue
    I always ended up going back to red version but its a close call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Blue
    This post has been deleted.

Crystal, Suicune is filled with win.
    Also I take pleasure that the weird guy can't get Suicune and I can. Haha!:D

Yellow
    The original GameBoy was what it was all about. I occasionally put my cart in the original just because it felt better than playing on a Color.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Gold
    Probably Silver, but Yellow is a close second.
    Getting all 3 starters in yellow was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Blue
    This post has been deleted.
    Ah the original GameBoy who needs fancy colour or anything when you had that beaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i had red version and a see through brick gameboy when everyone else had colours so ima have to say red version :D

i have Pearl for DS and i have to say it contains major levels of suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yellow
    Blue because I got with my Gameboy Colour outta me confo money, and I got ALL 151 [yeah, even Mew!] on me pokedex

WHY did I sell that copy on Swapitshop? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Gold
    This one was so hard for me, I had to say Silver though.
    Yellow was my first so that will always have it's place but my god, Silver just blew me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Silver
    yellow , purely for the fact that you get all the starter pokemon!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Crystal
    unreggd wrote: »
    Blue because I got with my Gameboy Colour outta me confo money, and I got ALL 151 [yeah, even Mew!] on me pokedex

Wow, nice one. What exactly happens when you fill a pokedex?Do you get anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

jd007 wrote: »
    Wow, nice one. What exactly happens when you fill a pokedex?Do you get anything?

You get to read a dipolma/than you type message in the original games I think.....I forget....been a while lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

1. Fire Red - because it stayed true to the originals but added just enough to make them different and improve it.

2. Crystal - Two regions, what more could you ask for? Mewtwo would have been nice obviously but Lugia fills the void and if you were good enough you could catch all three legendary dogs and Ho-oh. I remember when I had Tyranitar, Dragonite and Aracanine all trained to around 70 and I was delighted. The only thing that could have improved it would have been if I had Blastoise on that team.

3. Original. Brilliant. Genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Silver
    Yellow, cos that's the only one I had :o

Advertisement