Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Length of time required 2 get visa 4 Vietnam in Bangkok?

• 12-01-2010 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey Guys,

Do ye know how many days it takes to get issued with a visa for Vietnam in Bangkok??

On the Embassy website it says it could take up to 4 days, if that's the case it'll seriously delay my travel plans.:( If anyone has picked one up there can you let me know how you got on.

Thanks a mill
    Mary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

You can get it done in 3 days for about 60 US Dollars. Remember that is 3 business days/during the week. If you are willing to wait 5 days it costs about 45 dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 minimaire

Hi Jimmy, Thanks for that, ah hope it doesnt take a full 3 working days as I was planning on flying on my third day there. Thankfully i fly in on a Tuesday so will be there on the workign days. Wish me luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah try and talk to people over there or ask your hotel/hostel for the most reliable TAT office,they have to send your passport off(well they did mine) so the more reliable the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There's a load of travel agents on the Khao San Road where you can get it done. the faster you want it the more you'll pay.

IIRC the fastest time I was offered last August was two days (as in 48 hours from the time I dropped in the documents to the travel agent). That was with a reputable agent I've used a nimber of times before. Can't remember the cost but it wasn't outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Apologies for post on old-ish thread, but only got this done 2 weeks ago. The visa application hours at the consulate are from 9:30 till half 11 only, if you get your application in then you can pay 2500 baht (around 50 euro) to get it done in 24 hours and collect it between 14:30 and 16:30 the next day iirc. If you can wait 2-3 days its 1700-1800 baht.

Only annoying thing about the application is you have to give a date of entry, from which your visa is valid for 30 days. Bit inconvenient if your unsure of your travel dates.

To get to the consulate get on the Skytrain line to On Nut and get off at Ploenchit, and go back to get on Witthayu Road. The consulate itself has no sign but there are lots of motorcycle taxis parked near it, it's before one of the larger hotels on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

If anyone is passing through Pnomh Penh (or however you spell it!) you can get your visa in a day for US$35. Get a tuk tuk to the embassy at 9am and you can pick it up at 4:30. The embassy is on the way to the Killing Fields so why not make a day of it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Only annoying thing about the application is you have to give a date of entry, from which your visa is valid for 30 days. Bit inconvenient if your unsure of your travel dates.

Everyone should be very careful of this when applying through an agency to make sure they understand what date you want your visa to start from. I know a lot of people whose visa started from the date they got them back from the agency instead of a week or two later only giving them 30 days from then and really messing up some people’s plans.

If you have the time at all I really would recommend doing it yourself at the embassy to be sure.

Advertisement