Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get concessions for nite clubs?

Options
  • 12-01-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone knew is it possible and if so where can you get concessions for any of the niteclubs in towns - icon, angel lane, sinbin? Would love to go out at weekend but don't have 12 to 15 euro to pay to get into these places. Haven't been in a niteclub since june so if concessions available anywhere id love suggestions.

thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Go to Costellos. Fiver in. Or, if in before around 11, free in. Very quiet then if you do that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

+1 on costeloes its pretty cool. i think bakers is only a fiver aswell. or mollys on catherine street is a disco bar which is club hours so its free. as is nancys and flannerys beside icon.

but trinity concessions are available in charlies on cruises street. i think that icon concessions are available in smiths and cornmarket if your in early. not sure about icon concessions though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pretty sure The Old Quarter gets plenty of concession tickets for various clubs as well.

I'd still recommend Costello's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most of the big niteclubs don't offer concessions on a Saturday night as they know Saturday night is their busiest night of the week. Friday or Sunday night is your best bet and some of these clubs send people around to the local bars leaving them on tables, etc. In saying that no niteclub should be charging €12 or €15 entry on a Friday or Sunday night.

Another thing is the likes of Smyths who offer free entry for ladies to the D'Icon niteclub on Thursday nights, I'm sure the likes of Trinski Roomes and Anal Pain have something similar to draw punters in.

Alternatively go to one of the late bars who serve up to the same time as a niteclub where they generally don't charge if you are in there before a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Free into Aubars before 11 pm. Think its the same for Bentleys.

You may get complementaries or concessions quite easily if you are in any of the busy bars and see the promoters of the varies clubs handing them out.

When a promoter comes up to me to hand a concession or put them on the table, I would ask for a complementary and they will usually hand a couple to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Would say comps or concessions are rare of a sat night,at most you might get 2 euro off.
    icon give out concessions not sure what the discount is but id say it would deffo still be 10 euro,

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I'd say you're more likely to get them on a friday (a quiet night) but often they don't date stamp them

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Old Quarter is good for getting them, usually a few girls will be wandering about handing them out, failing that go during the week when its quieter, think Trinity Rooms was a fiver on weekdays, at least it used to be when we last went there, that was well over a year ago though

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

bazz26 wrote: »
    Alternatively go to one of the late bars who serve up to the same time as a niteclub where they generally don't charge if you are in there before a certain time.

They don't charge at any time (Flannery's & Nancy's) which is a great deal. They are the only two proper late bars in Limerick i.e. bars without dance floors and not attached / part of clubs. I can't fathom people paying into clubs at the weekend when you can stay until 2.30am in both these bars. Some people just don't want to save money....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

bazz26 wrote: »
    Trinski Roomes

Lol does this mean what I think it does? :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi all

Thanks a mill for all the replies. I don't drink so staying in the late bars til 2:30 is no fun for me! Just wanted to get out at the weekend and have sum fun and go dancing. Had a bit of a craving for icon but just can't afford the 12 euro to step inside the place. Limerick is a rip off when it comes to price of nite clubs. More concessions please

Thanks again for all suggestions!

Lol does this mean what I think it does? :D:)

Trinity got or does still get alot of polish but maybe they just made that their spot,plus trinity only place that plays harder dance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I've asked at the bar in Smyths before for concessions for the nightclub on a Saturday night and gotten them from the barman - just flash a smile :)

how much is icon on a saturday with and without a concession

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I was there Saturday for the first time in months and ashamedly I can't remember how much I paid in. :D

12 perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

msmuffins wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks a mill for all the replies. I don't drink so staying in the late bars til 2:30 is no fun for me! Just wanted to get out at the weekend and have sum fun and go dancing. Had a bit of a craving for icon but just can't afford the 12 euro to step inside the place. Limerick is a rip off when it comes to price of nite clubs. More concessions please

Thanks again for all suggestions!

do you drive? if so il pay your entrance fee to the club if you drop me home afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Icon is 12 on a Saturday but they have a couple of people going around town with flyers. These people have some comps as well so if you spot them ask them and you might get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Jocksandsocks I do drive and I am quite flattered that you would offer to pay my entrance fee.

However my conscience wouldn't allow you to pay 24 euro to get into the niteclub. Thxs 4 the offer tho :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

I don't think you should have to pay to get in to any nightclub in Limerick considering the extortionate prices they charge for drink. I think Aubars is on to a good thing with their free entry, its been jammed anytime I've been there. Maybe the others could take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Add the clubs on facebook/bebo etc, and mail them asking about where to get concession etc. If they're good, they'll generally stick you on a list or let you know what nights are cheaper etc. You'd be surprised how accomodating some clubs will be if you have the presence of mind to call ahead. Also, the ones that don't bother marking down, or even replying generally don't deserve your money. Customer service is not something that only happens on the night the place is open, its an ongoing marketing device.

• Advertisement

MrFireBox wrote: »
    I don't think you should have to pay to get in to any nightclub in Limerick considering the extortionate prices they charge for drink. I think Aubars is on to a good thing with their free entry, its been jammed anytime I've been there. Maybe the others could take note.

Aubar wanted 10 euro last night i was there about 6 weeks abgo on a friday night for the tiny downstairs club even tho all we wanted was the bar upstairs which was far from packed

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This weeks Limerick Post newspaper has a coupon for Trinity Rooms, free entry Thursday, Friday and before midnight Saturday. It is located on the second last page down in the corner.

Advertisement