Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carzone getting tougher with Dealers

• 12-01-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

They sent out an email basically telling dealers to cop on to themselves, and stop putting cars for sale with incorrect, or misleading details. Examples :

Cars for 100 Euro etc to get high in the listings
    Cars + VAT, or +VRT - the price has to be a proper retail price from now on
    Cars which are advertised as Cash Only/Trade Price. They're saying it has to be the price available to everyone from now on.

Obviously they won't be able to police every car there, but I think if people report misleading car ads it could make a difference from now on. Here's hoping.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wonder how many emails UK Direct got?

This means nothing. unless they suspend accounts you'll get idiots putting their phone number in as the price etc.

Also, if you look at all the cars on carzone and filter by price, the number of cars without an asking price is staggering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I wonder how many emails UK Direct got?

A mate of mine is currently in the process of using this crowd to bring in a 08 Civic 2.2 diesel. Do they have a bit of a reputation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they don't actually have the cars. and they have huge mark ups on a few cars I've seen advertised elsewhere.

10% of the cars on Carzone are from UK Direct, many are the same car with varying mileages and prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Fizman wrote: »
    A mate of mine is currently in the process of using this crowd to bring in a 08 Civic 2.2 diesel. Do they have a bit of a reputation?
    Uk direct see below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055781291&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Fizman wrote: »

How much?

Most of the cars they have are from Cargiant or other supermarkets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Obviously they won't be able to police every car there, but I think if people report misleading car ads it could make a difference from now on. Here's hoping.

They did nothing in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This means nothing. unless they suspend accounts you'll get idiots putting their phone number in as the price etc.

From the email:

"Failing to meet or adhere to these conditions gives Carzone the right to suspend your account with immediate effect."

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

How about posting the email....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Suspending the account would mean suspending carzone's revenue stream too though, wouldn't it? How likely is it they'll do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Not necessarily Unkel. They will still be invoiced. Carzone dealers pay a monthly subscription, and that will continue to be billed under the terms of the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

If they got rid of all the ads whose headline price is actually the real price less 2 grand or so "min trade in" I'd be happy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If they got rid of all the ads whose headline price is actually the real price less 2 grand or so "min trade in" I'd be happy.....

That's part of the warning gone out to Dealers. The RRP has to be the price to anyone walking in the door, whether they have a trade in or not, whether they're doing scrappage or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks OP and Carzone.
    I fecking hate it when the dealers do that. Sly ba***rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Also I wish they would go after those sellers (mostly dealers) who leave up cars for sale and never take them down when sold, a la "This advert was last updated 219 days ago".
    It's so annoying..:mad:
    By the way apologies for size of text, i'm using firefox for a change.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I've always been of the impression that CZ has been happy to take anyone's money, and that this has been the secret of their success to an extent. I don't see them wanting to improve the user experience at the expense of the bottom line.

Advertisement