Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance

• 12-01-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im off for 6 months on Thursday around the states and S.America. I'm bringing my 5d2 and MBP laptop. Having just left my contracted camera job my cover with them is obv finished, I need to get my own insurance policy for this year, anyone have advice on choosing between arachas and camerainsurance.ie? Arachas is e60 more,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what about photoshield ...... have you checked the excess .... old for new policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'd also recommend photoshield. Brilliant to deal with and great prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

did youze get photoshield through Winsover Howden or where? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I use Steve, at Photo-Shield. Brilliant price and great service. A pleasure to deal with. I did shop around, and found that they offer the best rate (that I found at the time) for gear insurance, public liability insurance, and professional indemnity.

If you contact them, feel free to mention my name as a reference :D , if you need.

Phone: 0044 1775 716690
    Email: photo-shield@winsoverhowden.com or steve@winsoverhowden.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

spiderdan wrote: »
    Hi,

Im off for 6 months on Thursday around the states and S.America. I'm bringing my 5d2 and MBP laptop. Having just left my contracted camera job my cover with them is obv finished, I need to get my own insurance policy for this year, anyone have advice on choosing between arachas and camerainsurance.ie? Arachas is e60 more,

Thanks

just check that both cover you for being outside of ireland for over 60 days as most have quite short limits on that element of the cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Thanks for the replies, I did notice the excess with Arachas was e400, e240 for camerainsurance.ie, there is no travel limit with either. Its just that in S.A. the chances of stuff going missing is quite high, I want the piece of mind the insurance company I go with will be easy to deal with if it does happen,

Cheers,

Rang Steve, the quote came in at over e600!!! Going to go with camerainsurance.ie

Advertisement