Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mecha Games

Options
  • 12-01-2010 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

So, seeing as how everyones brains turned up so many juicy bits in the Stealth Em Up thread, I thought I'd pick them over again, this time looking for good/recommended Mecha games.

I honestly haven't played much of them at all. Earthsiege 2 being the only I ever owned. It was buggy, and frustratingly linear, crap AI, impossible easy/hard trough/peaks to surmount, but hell, you were running around as a 40 foot bipedal asskicker. Played it religiously for absolutely years.

Never actually played the Mechwarrior games, though obviously they're up there as the one's that everyone knows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got my ps2 10 odd years ago with Zone of the Enders, never played the 2nd one and wish I had :(

Freakin' loved that game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Mechwarrior 3 is the best one. you are gonna have trouble getting that working though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Armoured Core 3 was good but the levels were small and very samey. But the ability to build your Mecha, selecting all the different parts and the weapons, naming it and colouring it, that was very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Zone of the Enders: Play It.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

that crysis mod yoke. only played it for a bit but its very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

MechWarrior: Living Legends.
    Link in sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries was the peak of the Battletech stuff. You often see it in HMV or elsewhere under the "Sold!Out" brand for a fiver or so. I'd love other recommendations for laptop-friendly mech themed games. Even the RPG or turnbased ones would be fine; I've a copy of Frontline 3 for the PSX on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I got Crysis in the Steam sale, so it's currently gunning for a dl spot. I only have 10Gb a month, so have to choose what game to play this month!

Advertisement