Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT Rag Week 2010

Options
  • 12-01-2010 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with it this year brothers and sisters? I don't even know what date it falls on :confused:. The Student Union have been very quiet this year. Hopefully they get a serious DJ like Sander last year :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LITSU

Well lads and lasses... Rag Week this year starts on Monday 15th Feb and will be on for the week. We've been keeping alot of it hush hush as of it.
    Sander Van was a huge hit last year and I can saw we have someone even better lined up this year. Check back in the coming days for the line up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

It will be the same old,its basically trinity rooms booking the acts for them whatever is touring,for some reason a big band doesnt work in l.i.t which is a pity
    Saw doctors would be great because they are fun and good drinking band,please god not coronas or blizzards unless the tickets were a 5 euro
    A comedian would be great too

The s.u can't take any risks cause they have zero budget for ragweeks which is fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

They made a mess of that Union day last year, got a crap band to justify charging €15 and held it on the end of the week. They also let in twice as many people without having more people working the taps, I hope they get it right this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

One band I'd love to see would the The Stunning, but if not, The Walls are a brilliant live band! I'm sure Aslan would go down well too. I wouldn't mind The Saw Doctors but have seen them 20+ times so something a bit different would be cool!

Please, please, not the Blizzards or the Coronas.

I knew the ents guy in my 1st year and the freshers week had Aslan in the cornmarket,it was 10euro in and only about 100 people turned up.I felt sorry for him because he spent the whole week trying to plug the whole freshers and it was a wash out.Shur the blizzards were suppose to play freshers week this year but they pulled the gig with a ahalf hour to fo because there was 40 people at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ohdatlewis

Is Mary I rag week the same week?

I knew the ents guy in my 1st year and the freshers week had Aslan in the cornmarket,it was 10euro in and only about 100 people turned up.I felt sorry for him because he spent the whole week trying to plug the whole freshers and it was a wash out.Shur the blizzards were suppose to play freshers week this year but they pulled the gig with a ahalf hour to fo because there was 40 people at it

Shame about Aslan, thought they'd get the support. How much were the tickets for the Blizzards? IMO, they are worth about €5 to see, max.
    I'd be seriously surprised if the Stunning didn't get a good reception...

im a 2nd year,i didnt have a ticket,but i was in clem smiths before the gig and was going to see was there any on the door,but the security man told me the gig wassnt going ahead,as far as i remember it was 15 euro for them on the monday of freshers week this year

im a 2nd year,i didnt have a ticket,but i was in clem smiths before the gig and was going to see was there any on the door,but the security man told me the gig wassnt going ahead,as far as i remember it was 15 euro for them on the monday of freshers week this year

That's very steep. We had them for an Arts Festival here at home and we had to charge €20 to make a profit out of them after paying them. They did about an hour and a half. That was quite a disappointment, they still sold out but I don't get what people see in them.

mars bar wrote: »
    That's very steep. We had them for an Arts Festival here at home and we had to charge €20 to make a profit out of them after paying them. They did about an hour and a half. That was quite a disappointment, they still sold out but I don't get what people see in them.

It is for irish bands that play the same few venues over and over,but 15 is the going rate minimum for irish bands like the blizzards,coronas,aslan etc,id give 15 for the saw doctors because they have aload of fun and catchy songs and their a good craic band

I like my djs but the dance dj the last 2 years turned into a knackerfest from what i could see

• Advertisement

It is for irish bands that play the same few venues over and over,but 15 is the going rate minimum for irish bands like the blizzards,coronas,aslan etc,id give 15 for the saw doctors because they have aload of fun and catchy songs and their a good craic band

I like my djs but the dance dj the last 2 years turned into a knackerfest from what i could see

I'd say it'd be €20 - €25 to see the Saw Doctors. When they do their American tours, they don't make much of a profit because of the exchange rate so they have been increasing their prices here! It also means they can't bring Irish bands over as support like they used to.

Couldn't comment on the DJ's to be honest coz I wouldn't give a cent to see one or listen to dance music.

well 15 is max for them for a student gig i would think,people lose interest after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

LIT Rag week has never really been that great, I just head down to UL for theirs which is always a great laugh

Marco V confirmed for Rag Week, Wednesday 17th February in Trinity Rooms.

Hopefully will be a good night, check out the song from 2 minute mark here, savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mymipage

Both Aslan and The Saw Doctors came two years ago - Aslan sold under 100 tickets and The Saw Doctors sold around 180. Dolans managed to fill the rest of the Saw Doctors gig outside of the college and within Mary I but the tickets just didn't sell in LIT. Can't remember how much the tickets were for either gig. Big Bands just haven't done well in LIT and they are expensive to get.

I did the ents in LIT last year and we decided to go with Sander and 2 Unlimited for RAG Week. It wasn't because they were touring or anything, we asked for them and Trinity booked them. We toyed around with the idea of getting a big band for the keg day but it just turned out to be way too expensive.

The keg day couldn't be run while classes were (technically) still running and that's the main reason why it was run on the Thursday. I also know the queue was way too long for that day - my fault, sorry :( I'm sure they have fixed that problem for this year.

Anyway, I'm out of LIT now. Best of luck to the SU and the students this year with RAG Week, hope you make lots of money for the Childrens Hospital and that everyone enjoys themselves :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Any more news on rag week?
    Whats the story with union day?
    Anymore bands booked or anything?:D

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Any more news on rag week?
    Whats the story with union day?
    Anymore bands booked or anything?:D
    There's a Silent Disco on the Monday night in Trinity rooms, don't now if that will be worth going to.

Paint-balling for 3 hours on the Tuesday for €10, is that worthwhile do people know? Never did it

Jigga wrote: »
    There's a Silent Disco on the Monday night in Trinity rooms, don't now if that will be worth going to.

Paint-balling for 3 hours on the Tuesday for €10, is that worthwhile do people know? Never did it

Paint balling is great but the tenner will only cover your first container of balls. You will prob go through three or four of these at a tenner a pop so it all adds up!

What ye think of the line up?kinda sucks so far

What is the line up,

Marco V (whoever he is) and a Silent Disco is all I've heard of so far. They were selling tickets on the street today and I was wondering what exactly are they selling tickets for?

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    What is the line up,

Marco V (whoever he is) and a Silent Disco is all I've heard of so far. They were selling tickets on the street today and I was wondering what exactly are they selling tickets for?
    Marco V is a trance DJ, maybe your not into that kind of music I posted a song of his on previous page, tickets €10. The Union day is on the Thursday again FFS, it would want to be good to justify charging €15 again, last year it was a shambles.

Jigga wrote: »
    Marco V is a trance DJ, maybe your not into that kind of music I posted a song of his on previous page, tickets €10. The Union day is on the Thursday again FFS, it would want to be good to justify charging €15 again, last year it was a shambles.

No I'm not into it! If there is a target audience there then I have no problem with it. Just nothing there for us who aren't into trance.

Anyway, don't know why I'm complaining, I won't even be in Limerick that week!

Line up sucks. Nothing to look forward to really as i dont like trance or really dance music which rules out monday night and marco v. Bought a ticket for the union day alright as i had a good time last year. Just hoping the band that are playing will be half decent.

Does LIT have the worst rag week in Ireland?:eek:

Line up sucks. Nothing to look forward to really as i dont like trance or really dance music which rules out monday night and marco v. Bought a ticket for the union day alright as i had a good time last year. Just hoping the band that are playing will be half decent.

Does LIT have the worst rag week in Ireland?:eek:

i didnt get a ticket last year what do you get for the 15 euro?

Last year it was entry to the students union where there was a band and DJ and a free bar. Only had pints and the que was awful so it took about 15 minutes to get a pint. They gave out cheap €1 cans of larger then because people were getting pissed off. Its grand if you go with a good group of friends and don't expect too much

Last year it was entry to the students union where there was a band and DJ and a free bar. Only had pints and the que was awful so it took about 15 minutes to get a pint. They gave out cheap €1 cans of larger then because people were getting pissed off. Its grand if you go with a good group of friends and don't expect too much

Sounds like a bit of a farce?Plus the student union keep alot of tickets for their friends and art college people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Possibly because LSAD is part of LIT

concussion wrote: »
    Possibly because LSAD is part of LIT

True it is but they have a seperate rag week

It should be better this year http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3545842&id=79690942764
    I think that there will be three bars so it'll be easier to get drink. :D

• Advertisement

It should be better this year http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3545842&id=79690942764
    I think that there will be three bars so it'll be easier to get drink. :D
    Thanks for the link. How long will it be this year? Was it 3 or 4 hours last year

Advertisement