Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT Rag Week 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Jigga wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. How long will it be this year? Was it 3 or 4 hours last year

I think it was on from 2pm-6pm last year.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3545843&id=79690942764 Heres the full weeks poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Just talking to someone in the know all their getting is a few sets of taps not a hope there is 3 bars!!All the kegs are sponsored from pubs around town so they might get 15 at best

They had three taps last year and it wasnt enough so i'd imagine they should have more this year anyway. It was bad last year spending half the day queing for a pint!:(

Still though hopefully it'll be better this year. Just go in with a few beers in the belly and hope for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Got an email to say that the Keg Party on Thursday has moved to Mollys. Very late notice, i'm sure people will end turning up at the student Union thursday.

Got an email to say that the Keg Party on Thursday has moved to Mollys. Very late notice, i'm sure people will end turning up at the student Union thursday.

Yeah i just rang them. Something to do with the guards shutting it down. Student union crap again though, sent an email with no info to our junk emails which no one will see. It looks like it was meant to be an image.
    BOO to the student union!

• Advertisement

how did the keg party?Was it the farce i predicted?

how did the keg party?Was it the farce i predicted?
    Farce would be bit of an understatement! Apparently the college and the Gardai wanted to shut it down so it was moved to Mollys at the last minute or else it would have had to be called off altogether. There was a 3 pint maximum, €15 for that was pretty shocking. Half the people who bought tickets didn't turn up as they obviously didn't hear the news as the emails were sent to our junk emails for some reason. Poor effort.

By the way moderators I deleted that comment I made the other day as i was a bit too harsh in my criticism, sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Emails were sent around on Monday, that's hardly last minute. I reckon the main reason is that Rag week is invariably crap anyway.

concussion wrote: »
    Emails were sent around on Monday, that's hardly last minute. I reckon the main reason is that Rag week is invariably crap anyway.

Crap students union. Ripped off people for the Keg party. Everyone should demand a refund.

I actually rang the student union Wednesday and asked where the party was on and would there be a three pint limit. I was told that it would be the same as last year as in as much drink as you wanted etc. LIARS.

Crap MARCO V, crap SILENT DISCO, crap KEG PARTY.

An untrained monkey could have organised a better rag week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just after reading this and I have to say its sounds like a farce all together , you guys should see what the DkIT rag week is . It must be one of the best in the country.

• Advertisement

LIT's rag week is getting worse each year.

There was a fun day this year on the wednesday, it had a bungee jump and sumo wrestling and a rodeo bull. There was also a boucy castle and a very depressed looking guy sitting in a pizza van. The best way it could be described is as the funfair that visited craggy island in father ted.
    178564.jpg

Father Ted always bring a smile to my face:D
    LIT Rag week = :(
    I think Rag week would be better if nothing was organised and everyone just met up with their friends and had a good laugh. At least money was raised for charity so all is not lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

As far as I know the Keg party was only 3 free drinks because of regulations Mollies gave to LITSU... Not the unions fault! Because of the short notice Mollies were given the SU could not do anything and all the remaining kegs (There were 3 as far as I remember) were sold off and the money made was donated to charity.

It is, therefore as far as I'm concerned, not fair to be judging the SU for the mess that was the Keg party as they had no controll over it.

Oh and there were also free pizzas and free taytos being given out at the keg party so nobody was hungry.

As far as I know the Keg party was only 3 free drinks because of regulations Mollies gave to LITSU... Not the unions fault! Because of the short notice Mollies were given the SU could not do anything and all the remaining kegs (There were 3 as far as I remember) were sold off and the money made was donated to charity.

It is, therefore as far as I'm concerned, not fair to be judging the SU for the mess that was the Keg party as they had no controll over it.

Oh and there were also free pizzas and free taytos being given out at the keg party so nobody was hungry.
    Interesting to see Will Hickey posts here :pac:

Interesting to see Will Hickey posts here :pac:

I'm not Will Hickey :) sorry for disappointing you

I'm not Will Hickey :) sorry for disappointing you
    Well you may not be him but you definitely have something to do with the student union!

€15 for 3 pints and 2 slices of pizza, it was dishonest from the student union. Even though half the people didn't turn up due to the late notice, more money for charity though which is not bad I suppose.

Why did the gardai and college want it shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

€15 for 3 pints and 2 slices of pizza
    Seems that I'm the only one who got 2 pints? I'm 99% certain that I only got 2 'tickets' (or whatever you want to call them) :(

Although, I thought 15 euro was a reasonable price for the event (although I wouldn't be up-to-date on drink prices since I don't go out and/or drink that often :P) - it covered most, if not all, the cost of the drinks, right?

Robby91 wrote: »
    Seems that I'm the only one who got 2 pints? I'm 99% certain that I only got 2 'tickets' (or whatever you want to call them) :(

Although, I thought 15 euro was a reasonable price for the event (although I wouldn't be up-to-date on drink prices since I don't go out and/or drink that often :P) - it covered most, if not all, the cost of the drinks, right?
    You would get more than 3 pints for €15 in any pub in limerick including niteclubs. It was a poor excuse from student union, wouldn't be surprised if they pocketed the money they saved :D

No one went so no one was hungry. Free Tayto's well whoop-D-Doo! The keg party should have been cancelled or re-organised. Everybody that i know felt ripped off by the SU which is not how its meant to be.

How many people will buy tickets for the keg party next year? I would reckon very very few, which isnt good either as money is made for charity from it and people are meant to have a good time.

Well you may not be him but you definitely have something to do with the student union!

Incorrect my friend I am but a mere plebeian student such as yourself.
    Why did the gardai and college want it shut down?

Coz certain people in the higher management sector of the college were being w*****s about it and, I assume the Gardaí, were paid off by these people.
    cullen5998 wrote:
    How many people will buy tickets for the keg party next year? I would reckon very very few

And to be honest with you, me included! If the same thing happens next year then I'll happily blame the Students Union. For now though the real blame lies with the College. So get off their back!

You would get more than 3 pints for €15 in any pub in limerick including niteclubs.

Most pubs in Limerick charge over €4.50 for pints. With the exception of that $hite pub on Bedford Row you'd be hard pressed to get a pint for less than €4 (which would still get you only 3 pints.)
    Seeing as it was for charity, €15 for 3 pints, pizza and crisps isn't bad. (No I don't have anything to do with the SU, no I didn't go, no I don't give a toss about LIT Rag Week)

• Advertisement

Most pubs in Limerick charge over €4.50 for pints. With the exception of that $hite pub on Bedford Row you'd be hard pressed to get a pint for less than €4 (which would still get you only 3 pints.)
    Seeing as it was for charity, €15 for 3 pints, pizza and crisps isn't bad. (No I don't have anything to do with the SU, no I didn't go, no I don't give a toss about LIT Rag Week)

Don't forget the old quarter. Three fine pints and change from a tenner!

Its not really about the three pints though, if everyone were told when they were buying tickets for it that they would get 3 pints, some pizza and a packet of Taytos then fair enough. That wasnt how it was though. If you paid for something and were given something else you wouldnt be happy either. It was called a keg party for a reason not the three pint and go home party.

Personally, I wouldn't buy tickets for something without knowing what I was getting.

Personally, I wouldn't buy tickets for something without knowing what I was getting.

Your right not to, but everyone presumed (and i was told on the phone) that it would have been the same as the previous years. Some of my friends who were fairly hard up for rag week were really disappointed to have wasted their money.

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Your right not to, but everyone presumed (and i was told on the phone) that it would have been the same as the previous years. Some of my friends who were fairly hard up for rag week were really disappointed to have wasted their money.

So has anybody made a formal complaint to our ents officer about it yet?

Coz certain people in the higher management sector of the college were being w*****s about it
    The excuse was something to do with 3rd Year exams, wasn't it? Although, to be honest, I'd have nearly rathered it outside the college. I can't really remember all too well, but it seemed much more crowded last year and ugh, can't say I'm a fan of crowded places, too damn hard to navigate :P
    It was called a keg party for a reason not the three pint and go home listen to that gobsh*te with the microphone party.
    :P

Robby91 wrote: »
    The excuse was something to do with 3rd Year exams, wasn't it?

What exams are you on about? The college practically shuts down on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday so if there were exams by any year that week (God help them) tey would be on Monday or Tuesday or possibly Wednesday morning. The Keg party at 2-6 wouldn't affect these results either way

What exams are you on about? The college practically shuts down on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday so if there were exams by any year that week (God help them) tey would be on Monday or Tuesday or possibly Wednesday morning. The Keg party at 2-6 wouldn't affect these results either way
    Oh... I vaguely remember someone mentioning exams being on that day. I guess I must have heard it wrong then :o

Those starting work placement in the next week or so had exams all last week. Don't know how many courses it covers but they are the equivalent to summer exams and as such are quite important to those taking them. For example, I'm in fourth year and I'm sending CV's off for jobs which are open from May - my last formal exams were March last year so that's what I have included.

• Advertisement

As well as the the college and Gardai maybe not wanting this,i know for a fact the s.u didnt have enough kegs,In all the other years they got kegs sponsored from pubs and clubs but thhis year that was down.Was mollys selling pints on the keg day

Advertisement