Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT Rag Week 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Yep they were selling pints. Most people i know had there 3 pints drank in a hour or a bit more so had to buy more after that. It would have been harder to get kegs this year alright with the recession and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I wouldn't be so quick to pass blame onto the SU. They do the best they can and oftentimes they are handcuffed by the higher ups.

Of late the higher ups have been awful pernickety about everything in the college as a result of the recession which has led to an awful lot of crackdowns on things that went under the radar before.

It's a shame what happened this year. The keg party the first two years were some of the best days of drinking seen in this place and will go down in college yore as being a very messy day, by those that were there to witness it.

Rag Week in general is ****e. The events side of it is for me anyway. I have no interest in Molly's or The Sin Bin or any of the plethora of other holes students like to frequent in Limerick. It's always been about what you make of it yourself with your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

As well as the the college and Gardai maybe not wanting this,i know for a fact the s.u didnt have enough kegs,In all the other years they got kegs sponsored from pubs and clubs but thhis year that was down.Was mollys selling pints on the keg day

Ah just a correction there, I ran into Niamh after the party and she said they got 9 kegs (3 bought, 6 donated) and only went through about 2 or 3 of them due to the bad attendance. I know also that the plan was to sell the remainder of them off in order to make money for charity and judging by her facebook updates the following week this was successfully carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BazaM7

I Assure you this year (2011) , the keg day will be held in a pub and will NOT be Changed,This pub will be advertised on all the posters! This is because of obligations with different departments of the college., TIckets will be 15-20 euro and people can have 1 pint or 30 pints .. There is no limited, this year it will also have cider and not just beer. So dont go thinking that just because last year wasnt successful in some peoples terms that tis year will be the same.. This year there are new organisers and assure you this will make up for last years one!!!!

BazaM7 wrote: »
    I Assure you this year (2011) , the keg day will be held in a pub and will NOT be Changed,This pub will be advertised on all the posters! This is because of obligations with different departments of the college., TIckets will be 15-20 euro and people can have 1 pint or 30 pints .. There is no limited, this year it will also have cider and not just beer. So dont go thinking that just because last year wasnt successful in some peoples terms that tis year will be the same.. This year there are new organisers and assure you this will make up for last years one!!!!

They also said last year (a higher member of the students union) that there would be an UNLIMITED amount of drink available... We subsequently got 3 so forgive me for not believing this statement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BazaM7

I understand that last year was not good enough.. but you must understand that every year theres different people organising it. This time the drink will be coming directly from the taps at the bar and will be no tickets per drink .. so a free bar for the whole 4 hours!!! once u have a keg day ticket your in!!!! If you have any questions about it or concerns regardless of last year since its a different commitee, call up to the su to address it!!

Didn't attend the keg party this year. Heard it was the same disaster as last year. Anybody agree or disagree with this statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 princess150

Key party was class this year in Clem Smiths, barely had to wait 3 mins for a pint, great night was had by all there, duno where people get there rumours from ha. Best €15 iv ever spent and the pizza just put icing on the cake!
    Pitty you missed out in a great night colm!! :)

Advertisement