Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone app and Desktop widget

Options
  • 12-01-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

Looking for a point in the right direction here. I need to develop an iPhone app as well as a desktop widget. Preferably but would be coded using the same technology. Both will need to connect to a database via either php or xml and the desktop widget must be cross platform.
    So far all I have gotten is Adobe Air with php backend for the Desktop app and Objective C for the iPhone. This is not ideal as it means I need to learn both Adobe Air and Objective C.
    I believe it's possible to do the desktop app in Adobe Air and Ajax and then to use Ajax for the iPhone app also but this is then more a web app that looks ok on the iPhone rather than an actual iPhone app. It would need to be run in a browser which is not ideal.
    Anyone any thoughts on how I could do this?

Many thanks in advance

Will

Advertisement