Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Locked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

please need answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi natsuko

As is usual, I'd recommend contacting the forum moderators to ask why a thread was closed. The forum moderators of Legal Discussion are besty, Maximilian, Tom Young, gabhain7.

However, it's pretty obvious to me that the thread was closed by the moderators as, noble as your intentions may be, the Legal Discussion forum is for the discussion of legal issues (forum charter) and what you posted, as a warning notice to someone who may or may not be a boards.ie user, doesn't fall within what the board is for.

Actually, while your intentions are no doubt intended to be helpful towards the person named in the advert, regardless of where you post it on boards, the odds of her seeing it are pretty minimal. We're not much good as a noticeboard and the site isn't intended as such.

The best thing you can do if you think fraud is taking place it to contact the site where the possible fraud was being publicised, where you originally saw the advert. All you're really doing by posting it here, I'm sorry to say, is further publicising the advert. The site in question can take action against the advertiser if they see it as appropriate or demand an explanation from the advertiser, neither of which we are in a position to do. Hence, strong suggestion to contact the site in question instead. That's something that is rather more likely to yield a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

Thanks, I contacted the site before posting my original thread, i just wanted to try and get the message to her. I realise it was a long shot but I thought it worth it if the situation could be stopped.

Advertisement