Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year Religion

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was Just wondering does anybody know if 6th year religion is compulsory:cool:Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

not as an exam subject no, but ur school may have a policy that all students must attend religion classes, but AFAIK they dont actualy entail exam material, religion gets alot more interesting in senior cycle imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

As an exam subject no.
    But your school might make you take religion classes anyway, but from my experience of them they're just ethics classes with an obvious bias towards the Catholic way of thinking.
    Your school may let you out of these classes to study if you ask nicely or get permission from your parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

The only compulsory exams for me are English, Irish and Maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

dont u need to do at least six subjects? And maths and english actually arent compulsory, the only subject ur required to present at the first sitting of ur leaving cert is irish, the rest are entirely up to you, however, due to the damn system of NUI's whose requirements outline english and maths, they drill it into our heads anyways.

Advertisement