Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing to a different course.

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Ok, well I definitely picked the wrong course for myself this year, so I'm going to change to Arts in UCD next year. I have the points and all to do it but I'm just unsure as to how I should go about it! Can anyone help? There is a similar thread on this topic here but it didn't answer my specific question.

Do I have to fillout a new CAO? If so, is it as simple as choosing the options and then choosing my courses and then the points which I received last year will count without having to inform anyone?

Thanks,

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Talk to your college about it! Technically you could do it that way, but expect a bunch of administrative problems if so.

I did this in Trinity, and what I did was apply internally via my tutor. The college simply took in my application and treated me like I'd gone through CAO, but I didn't have to.

Since it's not an internal transfer, your case may be different. Talk to your Students' Union education officer (and UCD's, if they're not the same) and get their help.

Advertisement